Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Backup/Disaster Recovery Product Manager defines, tracks, and maintains roadmaps and requirements with a solid understanding of users, competitive landscape, future trends, and the technical aspects and features of the product, working alongside the multidisciplinary Agile & services delivery teams to jointly commit on delivering a robust, reliable, and marketable product.
This includes providing content in the formulation of strategic business plans, driving product management processes to optimize product definition, maximize the value of products to Virtustream's business and product, service & solution impact in the marketplace. The Product Manager creates "first, best content" which describes and communicates product vision and product direction for customers, analysts, and internal Virtustream audiences. Formulates tactics to support the growth associated with our products. Understands the competitive ecosystem inclusive of products, services and cloud providers.
- Works very close with the development teams as part of the development cycles and represents the voice of the customer.
- Manage the product backlog (grooming, prioritization, and refinement) and work day-to-day with the product teams to clarify requirements and accept final user stories.
- Communicate, influence, and work with Senior Executives to ensure alignment with the roadmap, strategy, and specific product plans and implementation.
- Identify and develop the product strategy and detailed product requirements for Backup and Disaster Recovery services and solutions by analyzing the market segments, target customers, and requirements, and then translating these into a comprehensive, compelling, and executable roadmap for the team.
- Evaluates and drives service, product and solution management processes (e.g. long term product strategic business and product requirement plans). Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the service and product impact in the respective marketplace (competition, timing, costs, and internal capabilities).
- Makes decisions, shapes and/or champions new direction for the product line. Supports the Business Line of strategic planning. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan supporting a particular product and/or product line to any audience, including executives and customers.
- Utilizes the customer experience team to bring customers and prospects close to the product and enable direct feedback through pilot customers, beta programs and customer roundtables
- Analyzes, identifies and qualifies opportunities for new product, service & solution features and functions in support of competitive product positioning.
- Leverages product/market knowledge to assist cross-functional groups including Product Marketing and field personnel with training content. Development of first best content.
- Supports senior staff with research, development, and presentation of new product concepts to gain timely management approval and handling of issues for product feature/function set.
- Supports the development and implementation of the company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute. Tracks and analyzes product expense and cost. Provides customer interaction and support (e.g. executive briefing center, problem escalation). Analyzes product cost against revenue forecast and actuals.
- Meets with customers to support product related discussions and gather feedback.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Knowledge and experience in backup and disaster recovery technologies and strategies for cloud and on premises enterprise customers
- Proven experience in customer development, product definition, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for industry-leading business services and solutions
- Understanding of hybrid cloud, common enterprise backup and disaster recover techniques and applications required.
- Datacenter/IT Infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in cloud computing with Federation, Public/Private/Multi Cloud is a plus.
- Experience with creating/managing/delivering IaaS/SAAS/Cloud products is a strong plus.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong communications skills
- Problem solving skills.
Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 3-5+ years relevant product management experience, 1-2+ years of backup/DR experience
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R09449
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.