Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
As a consultant product manager you will report directly to the Vice President of Product management and lead our architectural and product strategy for Platform and Container as a service for the VxRack/VxRail product family. This product family is our VMware centric hyperconverged product line and is the fastest growing product line at Dell EMC. You job will be to map our roadmap and strategy for Platform and Containers as a service offerings in cooperation with the VMware team for our joint offering. You will also work extensively with our largest customers to understand their challenges and desired outcomes on their cloud native journey and develop a roadmap strategy to achieve those outcomes making the complex simple.
- Architectural vision for VxRack offerings utilizing Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pivotal Kubernetes
- Leader of the concept and definition phase of our product lifecycle management process
- Subject matter expert for our largest customers for cloud native strategies
- Provide knowledge transfer to key stake holders in the organization including product marketing, corporate systems engineering and presales
- Lead our architectural alignment between Dell EMC, VMware and Pivotal
- BA/BS required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Domain expertise in Private or Hybrid Cloud Solutions planning and design
- Domain expertise in software defined networking (NSX-V and NSX-T)
- Domain expertise in container and container orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes and vSphere Integrated Containers)
- Domain expertise in VMware virtualization technology and software defined data centers
- Domain expertise in Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking topologies are a (Plus)
- Domain expertise in Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Domain expertise in BOSH
- Superior written and verbal communications skill
- Great problem-solving skills. Recognize problems and obstacles quickly. Frame up issues to seek solutions and know when to escalate. Triangulate feedbacks from cross-functional team.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R16107
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.