Consultant Software Engineer (Tools and Systems)
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 172025BR
In this highly visible role you will take ownership of, enhance, integrate and maintain the tools and systems used by Development. The Data Domain Engineering team is solutions oriented, fast and flexible fitting nicely with people that want to make a big contribution to product development. The working environment is positive and very dynamic. Innovation in product and approach is appreciated and rewarded. If you're searching for a fast-paced and challenging career, focused on new and interesting technology and ideas, then you've found you're home. Opportunity exists in Santa Clara, CA or Research Triangle Park, NC.
Education/Experience that would make you a good fit:
* BA/BS or equivalent technical experience.
* Development Team/Project lead experience a plus
* Excellent programming and scripting skills in multiple languages (C/C++, Java, bash, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby etc.)
* Strong knowledge in Makefile, Build Automation (Hudson, Jenkins), Maven, ANT Scripting and Shell Scripting
* Strong experience in Unix/Linux and Windows system development and administration.
* Strong knowledge on VMware products.
* Experience managing and extending Source Code Management Systems (Perforce desired).
* Experience managing and extending Bug Management Systems (Bugzilla desired).
* Proven experience with integrating/extending bug management (Bugzilla preferred) and source code management (Perforce preferred) systems.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interface with Developers and Engineering Management.
* Self-starter and able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment.
Other Skills/Experience that are helpful:
* Linux system administration experience
* Build and Release Engineering experience
* Good understanding of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
* Development experience on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python) stack
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Engineering - Software
206 - BACK UP & RECOVERY SYSTEMS
US - North Carolina - Raleigh, US - California - Santa Clara