At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife.
United States : North Carolina : Cary
Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable
IT Risk & Security Consultant will provide subject matter expertise as it relates to implementing and maintaining core security infrastructure and systems that integrate capabilities and technologies to address identified risks and securely enable strategic IT solutions.
- Support global security teams to align strategic direction, monitor security status and assess overall posture of core network and endpoint controls
- Support implementing and maintaining continuous process for technical security standards for major MetLife technologies in accordance with industry best practices
- Partner with global working teams, gather the security requirements and recommend security products, services and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Provide technical expertise and support in security architecture, design, developing, monitoring and supporting enterprise infrastructure environment
- Analyze, recommend and facilitate the execution of IT Risk & Security key initiatives to reduce risk and exposure of MetLife infrastructure
- Establish and maintain key operational and performance metrics to measure success and effectiveness of program
- Support remediation and continuous improvement for MetLife’s global infrastructure technologies, collaborating with key partners and stakeholders
- Candidate must have 5+ years of combined IT and Cyber Security related work experience
- Possess good communication skills and be able to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely
- Strong understanding of key security controls and technologies (e.g. Operating Systems, Networking, Firewall, Desktop and Perimeter Controls, SIEM, RSA Security Analytics, McAfee EPO, Splunk)
- Experience managing/supporting enterprise deployment projects, assisting in coordinating, scheduling and implementation activities
- Demonstrate an understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
- Ability to perform basic scripting to analyze and automate repeatable processes (Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, CCNA-Security, Security+, GIAC, PMP, LEAN and Six Sigma are desired
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
Global Technology and Operations
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.