Consulting Application Developer
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posted: November 21, 2017
Reference ID: 10207-22878
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" annually since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
The Consulting Application Engineer in the Credentialing Product Development department is responsible for leading development efforts, driving adoption and appropriate use of technology and consulting on internal and external development efforts to ensure code quality and sound architecture. The Consulting App Engineer works with various technologies and software, including the Trinisys Business Automation Platform to develop Credentialing solutions. This is a leadership position that assumes the responsibility for project success and the upward development of team members. They are the product development team's point of contact that must interface with business partners of varying roles ranging from technical staff to executive leadership.
The ideal candidate for this role has the following qualifications:
• 10 or more years of experience with software development, architecture and delivery
• Proven record of leadership
• An eagerness to stay abreast of emerging technologies that can be applied to business challenges
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strategic enterprise planning to align IT software capabilities, policies, and standards with business needs
• Take a lead role on product development team, providing guidance on software architecture, design decisions, creating project design documents, ensuring security elements are included in the applications, and mentoring.
• Working directly with Business Partners to provide guidance on how to design and implement software solutions that solve the business need.
• Develop, propose, and provide guidance on implementation of large IT and Business initiatives.
• Lead evaluations, negotiations and RFPs with internal and external developed software within IT&S guidelines.
• Performing development using HCA standards and procedures, maintaining code and version control through Microsoft Team Foundation Server and/or other such tools as needs arise.
• Completing Unit Testing and participating in Peer/Code Reviews of other developers work.
• Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
• Identifies impact to other solutions or projects, and works with other Product Analysts and stakeholders to identify options and recommendations.
• Understands the business implications of technology decisions.
• Expected to work on and manage multiple projects at one time.
• Providing advanced software development troubleshooting to other development teams.
10 or more years
College Graduate Required - Undergrad
OTHER / SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
• C# .NET Development
• ASP.NET MVC
• Experience in Data Modeling
• Competency with relational databases (creating data structures, managing transactions, etc.)
• Extensive experience with object to relational mapping
• SDLC management through Team Foundation Server
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures principles
• Ability to operate and communicate effectively within deadlines
• Must be a self-starter, adapt easily to change, have an extremely collaborative personality and willingness to think outside the box
• Organization - Follows department development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written)
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe
• Experience as an effective member of teams
• Ability to work with little supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.