IBM is now hiring Entry-level Digital Strategy & Interactive Consultants. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity and IBM is looking for exceptionally motivated individuals like you to help. The convergence of data and technology in the areas of cloud, cognitive, digital, social, and mobile is transforming industries, societies, and professions. At IBM Global Business Services Public Service, we deliver value to government and education clients by:
These strengths applied to business issues and opportunities give our clients not only the ability to anticipate change, but also take advantage of new possibilities in technology. Join us and become a part of our team as we move our clients from excellence to preeminence in their industry. What will you do as an IBM GBS Entry-level Digital Strategy & Interactive Experience (iX) Consultant?As an entry-level Digital Strategy & iX Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees (CbD) - our world-class leadership and development program designed to groom top talent entry-level consultants into tomorrow's leaders. You'll work at the intersection of progressive strategy, creative vision and transformational technology. You will help our Public Service clients by designing solutions for the future; creating authentic interactions that produce meaningful impact; and, building solutions that deepen engagement across channels. Areas in which Digital Strategy & iX consultants work are:
- Bringing together the world's largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics, and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible, and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience, and capabilities.
- Leveraging the proven roadmaps and frameworks we have developed across our 18 industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
As a CbDer you will be supported by program managers, peer buddies, project managers, and extensive in-person training. Each CbDer is aligned to a practice where they develop subject matter expertise in one or more industries as they work on multiple projects during the two-year program. CbDers receive a collaborative, challenging, and transformative experience that will help make you tomorrow's leader. What do we look for in a successful IBM GBS entry-level Digital Strategy & Interactive Experience Consultant?
- Digital Strategy - which re-imagines how clients will deliver on their mission priorities in the ever-changing digital world and builds the overarching strategy for the people, process, technology and cultural impacts along the path to digital reinvention.
- User Experience & Design - which creates best-in-class digital and physical experiences that produce both a compelling digital solution and desired business outcomes.
- Digital Solutions - which transforms how work is done based on the foundation of a clear digital strategy and exceptional user experience design. Whether we are building a responsive website, native mobile application, smart watch widget or interactive touch-screen display, our digital solutions are designed to be personalized, secured across touchpoints and based on the foundation of an elegant user experience.
- Commerce - which is seamless customer experience. Creates end-to-end, seamless customer experiences with insight-led strategy, technology intelligence, supply chain solutions and award-winning design across multi-touchpoint commerce platforms.
- A minimum GPA of 3.2 is a preferred qualification of this position
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment
- Interest in working within public service (i.e., Federal Government, State & Local Government, Education)
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- For non-technical roles, effectively able to leverage and apply non-technical skills in analytical/technical roles and client projects
- For technical roles, ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year institution coupled with internship/work and/or project experience which will provide the functional, analytical and technical acumen that translates to an entry level consulting role
- Preferred Degree/Majors: Anthropology, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration/Management, Business Intelligence, Business Process Management, Cognitive Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Decision Science, Digital and Media, Digital Reinvention, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, Informatics, Information Architecture, Info. Management, Info. Resource Management, Info. Science, Info. Technology Design & Startups, Interactive Design & Game Development, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Mechanical Engineering, Mobile & Web Developers, Mobile Design, New Media Studies, Online Communications, Operations Research, Operations/Process Engineering, Research (interdisciplinary), Service Design, Software Engineering, Statistics, User Experience Design, Visual Effects/Design, Web Designers
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements) but up to 100% travel if business and client needs require.
- Relocation to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if needed
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.