Due to tremendous growth in our San Francisco, CA office, we are adding a Director of Business Valuation to be key part of our growing Consulting practice. If you enjoy working with clients to add value by matching Firm capabilities with client needs, we invite you to join our winning strategy with our Financial Advisory Services Team.
Our Business Valuation team performs valuations of business entities, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities along with partnership interests, private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products. These services are provided to assist clients with mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; taxation planning and compliance; financial reporting; bankruptcy and reorganization; litigation and dispute resolution; and strategic planning.
At RSM, our goal of being a trusted business advisor is reflective in our practice. We believe that the engagement consultation process needs to actively involve our clients. We bring a team of seasoned industry and technical specialists who are committed to providing responsive service.
- Establish and maintain an effective sales and marketing process in the Valuation practice area
- Maintain an established referral network and pipeline of potential clients and serve as the primary advisor to clients
- Network with peers in other geographic markets and in other areas of assurance, tax and business consulting
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with centers of influence and professionals
- Promote cross selling and integrating of service line of business and more
- Contribute thought leadership in practice area
- Provide fair value expertise to audit team
- Manage fair value engagement including audit-assist engagements
- Manager Fair Market Value engagements
- Provide expertise to audit prospect process
- Enhance and improve effectiveness of business processes, financial models, and reports
- Provide clients with pre-/post- M&A advisory (pre-acquisition earnings impacts, management buy-outs, and strategic advisory)
- Manage client engagements and delivery team members
- Manage, oversee, train and develop other business valuation professionals
- Manage the fundamentals (i.e. realization, utilization, leverage, accounts, receivable, and expenses)
- Travel as needed in the region
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Minimum of ten (10+) years of experience with a "Big 4" or national/regional consulting firm providing valuation services including valuation for financial reporting and tax reporting
- Minimum of 5+ years of Management/Leadership/Supervisory experience
- Practice development and management, marketing and thought leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop business and a productive referral network
- Proven experience in managing client relationships and leveraging them to sell Firm solutions
- Proficiency with option pricing models, Monte Carlo, Binomial Models, etc.
- Database experience with Capital IQ, Mergerstat, other transaction databases
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel to clients and other firm offices around the Bay Area
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-office environment
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will currently reside in the San Francisco, CA area
- Masters Degree in Business, Finance or Economics
- Professional Certifications: CPA, ABV, ASA or CFA
- Technology/ Life Sciences industry experience including valuations of assets, liabilities, and equity common to those industries
- Experience in providing valuation services to private equity clients
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.