Financial Examiner - Insurance
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC
Work from home-any US location
The Financial Examiner will primarily perform financial examinations and regulatory consulting services for state insurance departments. This position has significant opportunity for advancement as well as personal and professional growth.
(Responsibilities vary depending on seniority level)
- Perform risk focused financial examinations to determine solvency and compliance to statutes on behalf of Risk & Regulatory Consulting LLC insurance clients.
- Perform reviews of examination work papers and evaluate insurance company operations.
- Ensure the integrity of the regulatory system.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, exhibits, and other supporting schedules that detail a company's solvency, condition and compliance with laws and regulations, and recommend solutions to questionable financial conditions.
- Responsible for timely submission of draft reports for review.
- Recommend/document actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, or to protect solvency of the company.
- Provide knowledge and guidance of insurance laws, rules, and regulations.
- Review and analyze new, proposed, or revised laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to interpret their meaning and determine impact to the company.
- Analyze financial operating statements, reports, and records relating to specific and overall operations of insurance companies; prepare and supervise writing of clear, complete, concise, and informative reports of financial conditions of insurance companies and health care organizations.
- Consistently enhance knowledge of: principles, practices, techniques, and methods of accounting and auditing; insurance examination and regulation; insurance laws and Insurance Commissioner's rulings; and related Attorney General opinions and court decisions; insurance company practices; statistical sampling procedures; basic actuarial mathematics; principles and practice of effective supervision, insurance companies and health care organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or professional certification/s preferred
- Minimum 5+ years experience as an accountant, auditor or examiner with a state insurance department or a public accounting firm or as an accountant, internal or external auditor or examiner of insurance companies.
- Insurance industry experience is a must.
- Certified Financial Examiner (CFE) or CFE Candidate, CPA or CPA candidate, and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or CIA Candidate a plus
- PC skills, including experience in using software for producing presentations, spreadsheets, and project planning (skilled in TeamMate, ACL/Access, and MS Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and examination/audit skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments using effective time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Dynamic/flexible demeanor with exceptional client service skills
- Must be self-motivated, work well independently and possess a sense of urgency
- Skilled in team building and team development
- Work from home with flexibility to travel up to 75% (varies depending on location)
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards as outlined by the Firm
**When applying please add your resume as an attachment!**
Please do not auto generate resume from LinkedIn
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC (RRC) was formerly a business segment of RSM US LLP (formerly McGladrey) until 2012 when the separate legal entity was formed. RRC is a strategic business partner with RSM providing actuarial and insurance industry consulting services to RSM clients.
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC (RRC) is a national, leading professional services firm dedicated to providing exceptional regulatory services to clients. With over 90 experienced insurance professionals located in 22 states, we believe RRC is uniquely positioned to serve state insurance departments. We offer services in the following regulatory areas: financial examinations, market conduct examinations, insolvency and receiverships, actuarial services and valuations, investment analysis, reinsurance expertise, market analysis and compliance, and special projects. We are a results oriented firm committed to success that builds long term relationships with our clients.
RRC is managed by seven partners and our practice includes full time professionals dedicated to our regulatory clients. We are focused on listening to your needs and designing customized examination, consulting, and training solutions that address your needs. We bring multiple service lines together to provide superior and seamless service to our clients. We are committed to training our customers and our team. We have developed various comprehensive in house training programs that have been tailored to meet the needs of our regulatory clients. We offer competitive pricing, outstanding experience, credentials and references. RRC is an active participant in the NAIC, SOFE, and IRES.
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.