The Consulting Group (CG) Analyst participates in overall business development of clientele by developing customized Financial Plans /Asset Allocation proposals, designing tailored reporting for new and existing clients, and creating and executing marketing strategies to attract new clients. The CG Analyst is also responsible for matters of technical policy and standards, presentation materials and performance measurement for technically advanced accounts.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares performance measurement for clients, which involves computing account performance, analyzing investment portfolio holdings and generating quarterly investment performance monitors
• Develops presentation materials and proposals to assist Financial Advisors in obtaining clients' business
• May participate in or conduct client/account meetings with or on behalf of the Financial Advisor
• Engages in interactive dialogue with clients and prospects to determine investment objectives, current portfolio status, risk tolerance and other information necessary to craft comprehensive financial strategy in conjunction with the Financial Advisor
• Synthesizes client/prospect data to develop customized financial plans/asset allocation proposals utilizing Firm's proprietary software tools
• Designs and produce strategy reports and other types of communications for Financial Advisors to use with clients and prospects as part of the overall marketing initiative
• Provides individualized recommendations to the Financial Advisor regarding client situations and their investment managers using Consulting Group manager research
• Develops Statement of Investment Policy for clients in coordination with Financial Advisors
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent
• College degree and 2 years of relevant work experience or 5 years of relevant work experience
• Active Series 7, 63, and 65 or 66 (as required by individual states)
• Additional product licenses may be required
• Ability to measure performance of clients' portfolios
• Successful completion of the Essentials of Investment Consulting certificate course administered through IMCA or holds the CIMA or CFA designation
• Proficient in applicable software applications including PARis, Orion, Zephyr, etc.
• Financial industry and product knowledge preferred
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of applicable compliance rules and regulations and firm policies
• Ability to work independently
• Business Service Manager with potential dual report to a Group Director
EOE committed to diversifying its workforce.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.