Information Technology (IT) Auditor
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC
Work from home-any US location
The Information Technology (IT) Auditor is responsible for supporting Risk & Regulatory Consulting in the overall growth and management of this practice area. The IT Auditor is responsible for all aspects of client project management, execution and delivery of services, as well as supporting important client growth and talent development initiatives.
(Responsibilities will vary slightly depending on seniority level)
- Plan and lead projects focused on integrated IT audits/examinations, on behalf of Risk & Regulatory Consulting clients.
- Execute work and day-to-day activities against detailed project plan based on established scope and objectives
- Develop project plan and work program, where applicable
- Manage changes in scope identified by project team including estimating extent of change(s), and documenting and securing client approval
- Build and foster project teams to deliver business solutions in client-driven and focused manner in response to market needs
- As applicable, supervise others’ work based on pre-defined project and work plan
- Plan for and conduct client status meetings, prepare/review deliverables, obtain client sign-off, escalate issues and communicate client opportunities for additional work, where appropriate
- Monitor project budget to actual analysis, using client invoices and expense information
- Review/approve team project reports, timesheets and expense reports
- Contribute to business development initiatives: Maintain an active network in the business community, attending events that can generate leads or opportunities or at a minimum provide valuable insight to the local market
- Prepare proposals for selling work: Define specific skills and estimate hours needed to deliver project needs defined during proposal phase and author content for proposal
- Prepare/lead client training sessions/webinars/presentations; author articles for trade magazines
- Personally generate billable revenue; perform quality work in the field and be requested back by clients on future work
- Serve as a Career Advisor: Manage other consultants with regard to career development, mentoring, issue resolution and performance management, as applicable
- Document and deliver "end of project" written performance reviews for all team members and provide substantive and timely feedback
- BS in MIS, Computer Science, or Accounting; MBA and/or professional certification/s preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years professional experience in public accounting/professional services, preferably for a “Big 4” firm.
- Insurance Industry experience is a must
- CISA designation a MUST (or working towards)
- CISSP, CPA designations preferred
- Strong understanding of information systems risk assessments and controls review, and cybersecurity
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and Model Audit Rule (MAR), COBIT and NIST frameworks, SSAE16 / SOC 1,2,3 Reports
- Working knowledge/familiarity with data extract software such as ACL or IDEA preferred
- Experience with IT security in the following areas: Windows, Unix, routers, switches, database environments, web security, firewalls, IDS/IPS, RACF, ACF2, z/OS, wireless, mobile and cloud security
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- PC skills, including experience in using software for producing presentations, spreadsheets, and project planning (skills in TeamMate, databases such as Access and SQL, Visual Basic, Microsoft suite of products, and other applications)
- Demonstrated history of project management experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, including executives and senior managers
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and statistical sampling skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
- Dynamic/flexible demeanor with exceptional client service skills
- Forward-thinking leader with a collaborative focus who can consult effectively with key constituents and become recognized as a valued resource
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic and possess a sense of urgency
- Skilled in team building and team development
- Work from home with flexibility to travel up to 50%-75% (depends on location)
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards as outlined by the Firm
**When applying please add your resume as an attachment!**
Please do not auto generate resume from LinkedIn
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC (RRC) was formerly a business segment of RSM US LLP (formerly McGladrey) until 2012 when the separate legal entity was formed. RRC is a strategic business partner with RSM providing actuarial and insurance industry consulting services to RSM clients.
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC (RRC) is a national, leading professional services firm dedicated to providing exceptional regulatory services to clients. With over 90 experienced insurance professionals located in 22 states, we believe RRC is uniquely positioned to serve state insurance departments. We offer services in the following regulatory areas: financial examinations, market conduct examinations, insolvency and receiverships, actuarial services and valuations, investment analysis, reinsurance expertise, market analysis and compliance, and special projects. We are a results oriented firm committed to success that builds long term relationships with our clients.
RRC is managed by seven partners and our practice includes full time professionals dedicated to our regulatory clients. We are focused on listening to your needs and designing customized examination, consulting, and training solutions that address your needs. We bring multiple service lines together to provide superior and seamless service to our clients. We are committed to training our customers and our team. We have developed various comprehensive in house training programs that have been tailored to meet the needs of our regulatory clients. We offer competitive pricing, outstanding experience, credentials and references. RRC is an active participant in the NAIC, SOFE, and IRES.
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.