Consulting Manager - Healthcare Epic Revenue Cycle Advisory Services
The RSM US Healthcare Advisory Services Consulting practice is searching for an Epic Revenue Cycle process improvement Consulting Manager to join our team. We are an integrated health care consulting team that provides regulatory, strategy, and operations focused services to healthcare organizations throughout the country.
As a leader in RSM‘s National Healthcare consulting practice, you will join professionals with a broad knowledge of the healthcare industry including: financial analysis and revenue performance management, regulatory reporting and compliance, and healthcare IT. You will be part of a collaborative consulting team to deliver exceptional client service to meet our client's objectives.
The Epic Revenue Cycle Consulting Manager will also understand the consulting cycle process within the healthcare industry.
- Function as Epic subject matter expert and demonstrates a broad spectrum of operational expertise across multiple areas of the Revenue Cycle
- Serve as the Epic technical and analytical resource supporting revenue cycle processes, systems and workflows
- Manage responsibilities within a healthcare revenue cycle setting, including but not limited to: reimbursement, charge master, patient financial services, patient access and hospital operations
- Understand and create improvement methodologies around processes and procedures to enhance the management of all phases of a healthcare provider's complex revenue cycle including patient access, billing, collections, AR management, operations and business intelligence
- Complete revenue cycle assessments by reviewing current operations, conducting key interviews and reviewing the age trial balance to identify high value opportunities for improvement
- Analyze and communicate financial and operational data to clients for decision-making and strategic planning
- Manage and execute project work plans, including qualitative and quantitative tasks and analytics, to provide high quality client service delivery
- Manage and direct support staff on projects to prioritize work tasks, ensure project milestones and deadlines are met, and ensure work products meet quality standards
- Assist Directors in scoping and planning multiple projects
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing clients
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field
- 5+ years of experience for Hospitals and large Physician groups
- Must have hands-on experience in client facing, service delivery and be very comfortable working in cross functional roles in diverse, multi-cultural business teams
- 5+ years Epic Healthcare Systems Revenue Cycle/Revenue Integrity functionality including but not limited to:
- Expertise in Patient financial services / Patient Accounting (including, but not limited to: Cash acceleration, Clean Claims, Insurance follow-up, Payment posting, Self Pay and Bad Debts Policy, Denial Management, Detailed mapping of adjustment codes, Revenue leakage)
- Expertise in Patient account services (including but not limited to: Scheduling, Registration, Pre-Registration, Eligibility, Authorization, Point of Service Collections)
- Expertise in Revenue Integrity (including but not limited to analyze and trend charge capture and reconciliation data, conducts coding and documentation audits and education, manage and/or maintain CDM or fee schedules)
- Knowledgeable in EPIC Resolute Hospital and/or Professional Billing
- Epic trained in Ambulatory or Hospital Revenue Cycle functionality (i.e. Professional or Hospital Billing, Claims, e-Remittance, Charge Router, CDM, Cadence, Prelude); Certification preferred
- Epic implementation experience particularly with training is highly desirable
- Experience in Denial Management Reporting (Ensure accurate capture of and reporting on denials to allow the organization to understand where and why claims are being denied and focus on how to reduce denied claims over time)
- Proven track record in improving process and financial performance in revenue cycle operations
- Proven experience in managing client service teams and client relationships
- Working knowledge with query, extract, transformation and load (ETL) from common database platforms (SQL) and experience with ETL tools is desired
- Ability and willingness to travel nationwide 75%
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.