Staffed by highly credentialed and experienced forensic accountants, finance, valuation and damages experts, RSM's Financial Investigations and Dispute Advisory Services practice serves corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, investment funds and law firms requiring litigation support and expert witness services to assist in resolving disputes pertaining to interests and claims involving antitrust and competition policy, bankruptcy and restructuring, contracts, fraud, intellectual property, international arbitration, mergers and acquisitions, securities, valuation and tax controversy matters.
Managers are responsible for ensuring that high-quality deliverables are provided to clients. This includes managing the proposal process and project work streams, accurately assessing client needs and suggesting possible value propositions. Also included is developing and managing project budgets. Managers work directly with clients and junior staff on a day-to-day basis to identify and resolve complex issues. Managers are also responsible for mentoring and creating effective working relationships with junior staff.
Manage the execution of consulting engagement work streams on a day-to-day basis, including:
- Investigations of alleged financial fraud and other white-collar crime including asset misappropriation and embezzlement, bribery and corruption, accounting abnormalities and financial statement misrepresentation
- Responses to regulatory investigations and inquiries from the Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Justice and other federal, state and local government agencies
- Cross-border investigations related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering matters and commercial disputes among foreign companies
- Analyses of big-data information sets to identify errors, control break-downs, and fraud indicators using RSM's proprietary mAnalytics data analysis platform
- Assessments of case liability theories, merits and risks
- Document review and analysis, database development and administration, drafting of interrogatories, document requests, deposition and cross examination questions
- Development of case strategies, i.e., offensive, defensive, negotiation and settlement
- Research and quantitative analyses of damages claims and ancillary issues arising in bankruptcy, contract, M&A, securities, domestic and cross-border investment contexts, including: ability-to-pay, alter ego, competitive effects, cram down interest rate, economic value added, event analysis, expropriation, failing firm/division, fair value, fraudulent transfer, intellectual property infringement, irreparable harm, lost profits, material adverse events, merger efficiencies, post-closing purchase price, reorganization value, solvency and value diminution.
- Graduate degree in accounting, finance or economics, or 5 years of closely related equivalent work experience
- In depth knowledge of, and significant experience in, conducting research and complex analyses involving accounting, economics, corporate finance and valuation
- Progressive experience in a client service, litigation consulting environment
- Capable of effectively balancing administrative and client responsibilities
- Ability to develop, implement and present complex data models to various audiences
- Attention to detail as well as an ability to think through a problem completely and present informed solutions
- Able to handle short deadlines, work well under pressure and prioritise multiple projects
- Collegial, entrepreneurial and able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and create a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication and presentation skills
- ABV, ASA, CFE, CFA, CFF, CPA, CDBV, CGMA certifications
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.