Windows, VMware, & Storage Engineer/Architect
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Posted: October 02, 2017
Reference ID: PGI0004O
Prudential PGIM Infrastructure Technology Server Team is looking for a Windows, VMware, & Storage Engineer to support a Fixed Income Trade Floor. The person filling this role will be responsible for providing technical expertise with responsibilities on one or more of these areas: support of infrastructure applications and or technologies design, planning, development, installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, capacity planning, troubleshooting, problem resolution, business continuity, disaster recovery, backup and fail over in accordance with enterprise standards and process. Work with other enterprise support groups to develop policies and procedures relevant to managing the infrastructure technology. Technologies may include but are not limited to all Operating Systems, IT Infrastructure, Virtual Technologies, End User Computing Platforms, Automation Tools, Application Performance, Management Tools, Middleware, etc. Will be regarded as the technical expert in their field. Anticipates business and or regulatory issues recommends product, process, or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. May lead projects with notable risk and complexity.
· Project engineering, management and research for all Windows, VMware, & Storage projects.
· Oversee, support, maintain, and enhance the Windows, VMware, & Storage systems infrastructure.
· Assist other team members in managing Windows, VMware, & Storage systems (NetApp).
· Provide in-depth root cause analysis as necessary within specialist realms.
· Provide troubleshooting techniques to yield timely results.
· Use VMWare native tools (vCenter) to template / deploy / configure / manage Windows & storage Virtual Machines.
· Use NetApp and VMWare tools (NetApp VSC within vCenter) to configure SnapMirror/VM replication and Snapshots
· Use VMware Site Recover Manager (SRM) and components for failover and testing of systems in remote data centers.
· Implement and Test redundant system for Disaster Recovery.
· Oversee and manage performance using appropriate reporting & monitoring tools.
· Action requests for new Windows & storage / storage systems, cross-training other team members as necessary.
· Provide input and support for infrastructure and application development projects that require Windows infrastructure.
· Maintain market & industry awareness of new products that could offer improved value to the business.
· Datacenter engineering - logistics, planning, monitoring (power / environmental / security).
· Liaise with appropriate application development representatives to optimize value to the business.
· Liaise with third party vendor operations management.
· Provision of core on-site daily coverage with overnight and weekend on-call support as needed.
· Maintain good working relationships.
Additional Role responsibilities
· Engineer and perform the Migration of NetApp 7-mode to cDOT.
· Engineer a 3-tier failover solution.
· Utilize scripting to create custom solutions to ensure standardization and optimization of tasks.
· Daily checkout of Server Functions and Market Data Services
· Cloud initiatives
Applicable to all staff
Ensure the business area conducts its activity in accordance with all relevant external regulators and ISO policies.
Ensure compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements and ISO compliance policies and procedures affecting the business area.
Report any breaches of regulations to Legal and Compliance.
· Risk Management
Ensure the business unit operates in accordance with stipulated risk management policies and procedures, covering market risk, credit risk and operational risk.
Ensure failures and shortcomings in policies and procedures are reported.
A minimum of 5 years in a senior role engineering and supporting NetApp 7-mode and Clustered OnTap (cDOT) storage for CIFS and NFS (VMware datastores)
A minimum of 5 years in a senior role engineering and supporting "VMware" & "Storage" infrastructure within a critical production environment, with emphasis on project design and implementation.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of Windows Server Operating Systems
• Advanced NetApp storage hardware
• A strong background with NetApp 7-mode and Clustered OnTap (cDOT) storage for CIFS and NFS (VMware datastores)
• NetApp OnCommand System Manager, OnComand Performance Manager, Config Advisor, NetApp Management Console, NetApp Performance Console, NetApp SnapMirror replication
• Advanced experience with VMWare ESXi and various components such as Site Recovery Manager (SRM), NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC), Storage Replication Adapter (SRA), etc...
• Proven Project Management experience
• Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Scripting languages à Powershell (and DSC) / vbScript
• HP ProLiant tools (HP Systems Insight Manager, Insight Remote Support, iLO, etc...)
• Microsoft OS Support Software: SCCM, SQL reporting services, .NET
• Generic financial systems, market data experience an advantage.
• Symantec NetBackup 8.x
• Additional scripting skills: Examples: docker, puppet, .NET, C , WinBatch, KiXtart
• Self-motivated individual.
• Hardworking and dedicated team player.
• Attention to detail.
• Able to communicate at all levels.
• Strong investigative skills.
• Problem solving skills & perseverance.
• Technical Literacy.