If you enjoy working with clients and colleagues to improve business effectiveness, create sustainable efficiencies, add value by matching Firm capabilities with client needs, and build a world class consulting organization, then we invite you to help drive our winning Risk Advisory Services strategy.
The Risk Advisory Services Practice assists clients in managing operational, financial and technology risk as well as designing and implementing process improvements that can lead to increased value, revenue, or cost containment. Along with other Business Consulting Practices, Risk Advisory Services helps clients across various industries address the increasingly complex strategic, operational, and governance challenges faced by those responsible for managing or overseeing dynamic businesses. RSM's Risk Advisory Service offerings include: Internal Audit, Information Technology (IT) Audit, Security & Privacy Services, SOX Advisory, SOC1 / SOC2 Reporting, Contract Compliance, IT Governance Risk and Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management and AML/Regulatory Compliance Advisory.
Within the Risk Advisory Services (RAS) Practice, the System Process and Assurance Manager will be responsible for overseeing SOC engagements including assisting associates in planning the engagements, scheduling fieldwork, discussing findings and observations during client exit meetings, review of work papers to support conclusions, and preparing written attestation reports. The position will also include client service management such as advice on internal control approaches, best practices and helping clients deal with routine issues. The candidate should have a strong knowledge-level of financial and operational internal controls, identifying risks and related controls, as well as performing test work of identified significant controls. The candidate should also be capable of conducting audit and attestation engagements independently and leading an engagement team.
The System Process and Assurance Manager will perform the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the regional service line leaders to implement the business plans and achieve its goals, identify synergistic services and to implement the appropriate strategies to integrate these services.
- Work closely with Regional SOC leader in fulfillment of firm and industry quality requirements.
- Work closely with the Regional SOC leader in fulfillment of Interoffice Inspections, Peer Reviews, and due diligence assessments.
- Support the national consulting line of business and the national assurance line of business in fulfillment of their client-related responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of the SOA service line marketing and sales plan in the Central region.
- Help to grow the SOA service line attaining its target annual growth, margin and profit goals.
- Direct and supervise the development, updating, rollout, communication and training of the SOA service line methodology practice aids and other service line infrastructure. Ensure the delivery of high-quality deliverables and compliance with quality assurance and independence policies.
- Achieve individual charge hours, growth goals and other balance scorecard key targets annually. This includes providing client engagement sales scoping and planning assistance and counsel to SOA service line personnel on high-risk and complex engagements.
- Work closely with the other service line leaders of in sharing people resources, cross-selling services, and integrating cultures and operations.
- Design, plan and administer the service line professional development and learning programs to ensure personnel are appropriately trained to participate in the delivery the SOA services.
- Provide ongoing and consistent communication on the status of SOA service line operations and create a positive message about the service line.
- Anticipate and evaluate changes in the SOA service line market environment and update philosophy, policies, products and practices as necessary.
- Help determine the staffing requirements for the service line and assist in the recruiting process.
- Consistently perform required activities to develop future leaders, retain a qualified workforce and support its initiatives. This includes evaluating the performance of personnel reporting directly to this position and leading the performance management process for all employees within the SOC service line.
Methods of Accountability:
- Various oral and written reports to the regional leadership
- Timely completion of client work, special projects, business planning and personnel requirements Positive results of Peer Reviews and Interoffice Inspections
- Achievement of scorecard results
- Timely and effective implementation of Firm and/or service line programs and initiatives
Standards of Performance:
- Achievement of three-year annual growth and profit plan and other key performance expectations for the SOA service line
- Achievement of the scorecard targets for the SOA service line and individually
- Effectively working with regional leadership to achieve the goals and objectives of the business unit and service line
- Creation and maintenance of an environment where our people are highly motivated, well informed, produce a consistently high-quality delivery and are proud to be part of the SOA service line
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of SAS 70/SOC engagement experience or equivalent attestation/assurance controls experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience with audit and attestation engagements
- Knowledge of AICPA standards including SSAE 16, ISAE 3402, AT 101 and AT 801
- Ability to travel 40%
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as ISO 27001, PCI, and CobiT
- Professional services/Public Accounting or Consulting experience
- Proven project management and time management skills
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of internal controls