HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. JOB SUMMARY
Provide recognized knowledge of product features, functionality and utilization of Pharmacy Systems. Collaborate with project teams and business partners to meet IT project objectives for products that are projected to deliver business value, require IT&S infrastructure changes, or present technical or operational risk. Provide product expertise, design detailed product functionality, identify and escalate significant project issues, and ensure products meet specified requirements. Provide hands-on expertise to independently resolve service delivery or functionality issues with a product, frequently communicating with end users and vendors. Continually mature an understanding of how business owners/practitioners utilize the product(s), by maintaining strong relationships with business partners and product users. Contribute product knowledge to trainers, documenters and testers. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for development of technical specifications, business requirements, and testing support for the maintenance and enhancement of the Pharmacy application.
- Provide continual operational support to field operations by troubleshooting issues and taking ownership in Remedy tickets resolution.
- Collaborates with other leads through product life cycle to ensure project dates are met and ensures timely completion of deliverables. Identifies impact to other solutions or projects, and works with other project team members and stakeholders to identify recommendations. Works with Medication Management team to report on product life cycle and resolve stakeholder inquiries, takes responsibility in involving others as needed.
- Assist or Lead in implementation activities and project planning around Pharmacy Systems for field operations
- Provide leadership and mentor other team members
- Requires experiences working with Meditech PHA Module, experience with other Pharmacy Systems and/or working knowledge of Pharmacy systems strongly desired. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and a general understanding of information technology.
- Independent, innovative, creative, self-managing individual with the ability to succeed with only general directions.
- Building strong and diverse network of relationships with various stakeholder groups. Identifies impact to other solutions or projects, and works with other analysts, leadership, and stakeholders to identify options and recommendations are desirable.
- Detailed oriented and analytical with good organization skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple activities and tasks simultaneously and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Strong problem and issue resolution experience and create quality deliverables
- 7 years
- Other preferred/required experience: PharmD, RPh
OTHER/SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Required
- Some travel required.
- Typical work week hours can vary depending on workload, outages or project deliverables.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom