Oracle Merchandise Consulting Project Technical Manager
- Capable of supporting construction and presentation of project estimates during sales cycle
- Capable of reviewing the Oracle implementation methodology for Planning, Supply Chain and Optimization products (phases, WBS, etc)
- Capable of managing all aspects of project delivery including:
- Customer/contract expectations
- Scope and Change Management
- Project Plan, Work Plan, and Lifecycle Milestone Management
- Risk Management
- Issue and Action Item Management
- Communications Management
- Financial Management
- Quality Management
- Infrastructure Management
- Oracle project Team Management - including communication of project objectives, client expectation, risk and issues as well as changing and conflicting priorities
- Resource plans, revenue forecasts, margin control
• Strong client management skills including C level management
• Quality Assurance
• Risk Mitigation
• Project delivery - on time to budget
• Project planning experience
• Resource planning
• Conflict Management
• Partner & Executive Management
• Good negotiating skills
• Client customer support (client champion)
• Strong project methodology skills/experience
• Change Management
• Contract negotiation
• Strong delegation skills
• Good influencing skills
• Testing process and procedures
• Business Development
• Capable of managing small to medium project size and complexity
• Experience managing project revenue of 1M-3M and 500 -2,000 days
• PMP certified - preferred - not required
• Effective problem Solving skills
• Able to verbally lead decision making process
• Familiar with RGBU commercial terms and their construction and approval(s)
• Familiar with Oracle Retail Products / Solutions
• Familiar with broad Oracle products
- Must be able to network and develop strong business relationships at executive levels
- Strategic thinking skills are critical
- Require an entrepreneurial and self-starting attitude, as responsibilities range from heading internal projects that help drive company growth to acting as a primary contact for customers
- Manages team members and coordinates with other departments through the entire project lifecycle.
- Communication with C-level Retail Executives occurs frequently to learn about their business and share analytical findings. The role requires polished communication and presentation skills.
- Resource planning and budgeting are also key components to success.
- Retail-related experience is preferable.
- Analytical-thinking and ability to multi-task are integral skills.
- Software implementation background - either for a client, management consultant or systems integrator
- Experience in identifying, participating and supporting up-selling opportunities within existing account
- Experience working with 3 rd party consulting and systems implementation partners
- Experience and proven track record in concisely reporting project progress to senior executives and to customer executives.
- Excellent verbal communication - including the ability to speak effectively to C-level audiences
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
All candidates must be willing and able to travel US Nationwide Mon - Thurs/Fri
All candidates must be legally entitled to work in the US, no work visa sponsorship or transfer available at this time - US Citizen, GC holder, EAD
Resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgQualifications:
As a recognized authority and leading contributor, this project management professional, provides consistent innovative and high quality solution leadership. Responsible for guiding the successful implementation of non-routine and complex business solutions ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer's satisfaction.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle's solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle's methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle's risk and exposure. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for effective project delivery on small to medium engagements. Provides direction and mentoring to project team. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of medium sized projects including the recovery of remedial projects.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position. Prior project team leadership or management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.