The Senior in Business Continuity Planning, will be responsible for working with RSM clients to develop, update, and test business continuity plans (BCPs) and the related business continuity planning components. The Senior Associate will also assist with the deployment or assessment of enterprise wide business continuity planning programs as required to meet RSM client needs. This individual will work both independently and as part of a project team in order to serve RSM clients and help them achieve their business continuity planning objectives.
- Assists clients to develop and deploy business continuity planning policies and the related program charters
- Works with client personnel to conduct disaster risk assessment studies to evaluate disaster-related risks and identify viable risk reduction strategies
- Conducts business impact analysis (BIA) studies to assist clients to evaluate the potential impacts of a business disruption and determine business function and system recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs)
- Analyzes deficiencies in client recovery capabilities and assists them to evaluate potential recovery strategy enhancements
- Prepares BCP documentation including technical and operational recovery plans, crisis management plans, and other related materials
- Designs, facilitates, and evaluates disaster recovery and business continuity planning exercises to validate the viability and effectiveness of client BCPs and other recovery planning provisions assembled by RSM and/or other parties. Prepares appropriate documentation related to such exercises
- Works with clients to update and enhance their existing BCPs to bring existing materials current and enhance the organizations' ability to respond to, and recover from, disasters.
- Designs and conducts awareness and training events to educate client personnel on the importance of business continuity planning and the details of their respective organization's BCPs
- Assists clients to design and deploy sustainable business continuity planning programs that continuously maintain and enhance the organizations' resiliency and recovery capabilities.
- Utilizes RSM and industry standards to evaluate current disaster recovery and business continuity planning programs both as independent engagements and as part of larger initiatives
- Provides input into the continuous evolution of RSM's business continuity planning methodology and the related service offerings, standards, etc.
- Assists with the professional development of other RSM professionals, particularly in regard to expanding their business continuity planning experience and expertise
- Participates in the effort to increase awareness of RSM's business continuity planning services and cultivate new business opportunities