RSM has an exceptional career opportunity for an Internal Audit Senior Associate within the Risk Advisory Services (RAS) practice in our Milwaukee office. Our RAS practice is rapidly expanding across the Great Lakes and we are looking for talented professionals to assist in servicing our new and existing clients.
The Internal Audit Senior Associate is responsible for providing risk management and internal audit consulting services primarily to Financial Institutions. You will be responsible for assisting in planning and managing engagements, conducting fieldwork, discussing findings and observations during client exit meetings, preparing work papers to support conclusions, reviewing staff work papers, and preparing written audit reports. The position will also include routine client service assistance such as advice on internal control approaches, best practices and helping clients deal with routine issues.
- Preparing and/or reviewing all necessary work papers, status documents and reports related to our internal audit engagements, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Taking the role as selected on certain audit engagements as the In-charge Senior which will entail leading the team through the entire internal audit process
- Monitoring and reporting regarding the productivity of staff, and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment.
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a functional expert
- Recognizing and informing management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 4 years' experience with financial institutions
- Ability to travel up to 40% when needed
- Experience and ability to manage projects and take initiative
- CIA, CPA or MBA is preferred
- Internal audit or regulatory background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enterprise Risk Management experience
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Work paper documentation and review the excellent writing capabilities
- Good analytical skills and knowledge of internal controls
- Experience with financial institutions
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or FDICIA
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.