Use Data as a Service to take smarter business actions
Oracle Data as a Service (DaaS) for Business empowers businesses to use data as a standalone asset and connect with partner data to make smarter decisions. Oracle DaaS is a service in Oracle Cloud that offers the most variety, scale, and connectivity in the industry, including cross-channel, cross-device, and known and anonymous data. Use Oracle DaaS to drive intelligent actions for B2B and B2C organizations.
As Consulting Software Engineer, you'll be using your object-oriented development expertise and database know-how on the data we ingest from hundreds of different companies, and the solutions you develop will revolutionize the way products and services are sold. We rely on all of our Software Engineers to develop innovative solutions for our digital and offline marketing products. Our solutions will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success with Oracle will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination. Our engineers are grouped into teams that each focus on a specific business line. (We are "truly" agile which means daily stand-ups and two-week iterations.) Engineers that like to share and mentor thrive here, for Oracle offers ample opportunities to move between teams and work on varying business domains and technology challenges.
You will focus primarily on Cloud Optimization and Automation
Specific responsibilities include:
• Analyze and review the use of managed EMR service - Qubole on a daily basis across all platforms, come up with specific recommendations to optimize usage and cost. When applicable implement changes as needed.
• Responsible for recommending and implementing best practices in regards to Hive and Spark usage
• Responsible for development of tools and other monitoring capabilities needed to monitor Qubole.
• Responsible for analyzing EC2 usage and recommending and driving implementation of best practices and standards to optimize compute utilization and automation
• Responsible for analyzing S3 usage and implementing standard best practices
• Work very closely with platform leads, Integration Engineers and other Sr. Engineers
• Partner closely with CIS and SES to make sure Systems and Engineering teams are in sync and aligned on the above goals
• Work in an agile manner with biweekly cadence.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Development experience in Java is required
• Other experience we look for includes: Python, Linux, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, Big Data
• Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is preferred
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.