About the Job
The Vendor Operations Management team is looking for an Associate Vendor Manager - Digital Specialist to help optimize our myriad of vendor relationships and integrations. We're looking for someone with the right mix of confidence, charisma, and savvy to navigate our network of vendors who provide a wide-range of products and services, focusing on burgeoning digital communication and data vendors that support our platform and deliver our product to our clients all over the world. The successful candidate will answer questions on digital communication deliverability to clients, negotiate agreements with new vendors in the US and abroad to expand Oracle Utility Global Business Unit's (UGBU's) digital communication and data programs, manage technical integration projects and migrations, and optimize current vendor-based processes and procedures. This role is part of a small group tasked with managing existing vendor relationships and their integration with our platform, improving performance of vendors and our products, developing new vendor relationships when it makes sense, and knowing when it makes sense to do so.
You'll be successful if you're process oriented, a self-starter, and have an interest in building a track record of strategizing, acting on, and following through your plans. You will have to be comfortable working with internal teams, client teams, and vendor teams, of all seniority levels, and have the professional demeanor to navigate these interactions with poise. You will take point on vendor relationships and be able to direct all vendor related traffic internally and externally.
The role will be supporting Opower product lines as well as other facets of the Utility business unit - the work we do helps drive the planet towards a sustainable energy future while helping consumers understand their energy use, saving money and our planet. Our office has a casual dress-code, frequent happy hours, stocked snack pantry, and a kegerator in the office - usually containing a local brew.
• You have 1-3 years of progressive experience developing and maintaining strategic account relationships with vendors. Experience with outbound communications vendors (EDPs, SMS, Voice Broadcast Communications, etc.) a plus.
• You are interested in working in a high-growth team and understand you need to help define processes and gaps based on your expertise and knowledge you gain
• You are comfortable immersing yourself in a software company's product lines and industries so you can authoritatively represent technical and logical viewpoints during contracting and implementation with our vendors
• You have experiencing managing multiple, technically intensive projects with an affinity for efficiency and metrics.
• You are excited to work with a global network of vendors, and excited to save our planet
• You are never the reason for a missed deadline
• Bachelors degree required - understanding of negotiation, project management, business finances, purchasing, quantitative methods, or accounting required
• You may have burgeoning or extensive experience working with Email, SMS, Voice Broadcast, and other digital communication vendors and can speak to digital communication standards, specifications, and best practices
• Extra credit for familiarity with CAN-SPAM, TCPA, and recent FCC rulings on end user consent.
• You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and learn a new industry to ensure Opower receives the best services for the best cost
• You have demonstrated knowledge of contracting and assistance principles, laws, statutes, regulations and procedures
• You have successfully demonstrated past performance in the areas of communications, teamwork and interpersonal skills
Provide engagement delivery services both as an individual and as a team member. Has subject matter knowledge of relevant implementation responsibility. Has database, core applications and web technology knowledge. Has specific experience in implementing Oracle solutions and in systems integrations.
Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and procedures. A BS or BA in related fields. 1-3 years overall experience in functional or technical role. One year experience in multi-dimensional issue resolution. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Willing to travel regionally with some national travel.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.