New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This position will be part of the core marketing analytics team responsible for defining, running and interpreting data for Consumer and Brand Marketing team. This individual will play a key role in providing the data and analytics needed to improve advertising efficiency and effectiveness across the organization.
Performance Analytics Senior Associate will:
- Interact with internal partners, understanding their needs, and developing analytical solutions to address the posed questions
- Participate in development and execution of Test & Learn framework to continuously develop new understanding on consumer behavior and increase brand insights
- Manage marketing agencies build out of advanced analytics capabilities (eg. DMP/DSP/Attribution) to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of New York Life's marketing efforts
- Develop and provide strategic direction based on analytic results
- Work with internal and agency cross-functional groups on marketing campaign planning and fulfillment
- Perform data mining and analysis using data from a variety of sources and platforms, including but not limited to: Ad Servers, Data Management Platforms, internal and external relational and flat data sources, Web Analytics platforms and others
- Participate in industry conferences and keep abreast of industry development and research as it relates to consumer, prospect and brand analytics. Partner with agencies to develop POVs on the impact of that new developments may have on B+CM activity
- Support development statistical models, customer segmentations/profiles, campaign analysis and other ad hoc analyses
- A strong communicator with the ability to explain complex technical subject matter to non-technical people
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of related experience, preferably in advertising/media agency analytics role
- Knowledge of marketing and digital analytics & reporting, as well as marketing research is extremely desired.
- Experience in database marketing, economic analysis, or statistical modeling a plus.
- Familiarity of digital attribution concepts and tools.
- Basic knowledge of integrated marketing and customer relationship management disciplines desired.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, statistical analysis tools and languages and advanced knowledge of Excel a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research or other related fields
- Anticipates internal and external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Solves unique and complex problems; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Adapts function/business strategy plans and policies to address service and/or operational challenges
- Ability to learn rapidly about new technologies and methods.
- Possesses superior written and oral communications skills, and excellent interpersonal skills allowing for relationship-building with internal and external partners
- Maintains a well-balanced consultative approach and the ability to work with the business and legal colleagues across all levels, with emphasis on executive relationships
- Demonstrated ability to approach issues with a strategic focus and to see the big picture, including cross-functional risk realization – and to ensure the risks are communicated and understood
- Ability to quickly learn the business and master complex requirements
Proven record of prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.