Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Portfolio Business Management Group leads the effort to grow Wells Fargo's home equity and non-conforming mortgage loans held in the bank's portfolio.
Our Non Conforming Underwriting Division in Lombard continues to grow!!!
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting large, unusual or complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
Dependent on division and complexity of underwriting, functions may include:
- Reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios (i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value)
- Evaluating; examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Preparing formal reports for review
- Ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines
- Implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews
- Assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines
- Contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decision
- May provide work direction and/or training to lower level team members and provide performance feedback to supervisor/manager
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 4+ years of underwriting experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
Extensive mortgage underwriting experience which includes but not limited to:
- Experience with income analysis with includes exposure to reviewing Self employment, Corporate, and Partnerships tax returns; Advanced asset analysis and experience working with all types, and experience with layering risk and evaluation
- Thorough understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, including investor guidelines and regulatory updates
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
IL-Lombard: 1 E 22nd St - Lombard, IL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.