Reporting to the Director of Consumer Marketing, the Associate Director will need to be able to effectively manage multiple projects and work-cross functionally and cross-brand with internal stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met. Key competencies required include project management and ability to define and develop innovative initiatives based on customer insights.
- Experience in development and execution of promotional collateral with the ability to articulate the value of the promotional materials to the sales organization
- Solid ability to translate market trends and consumer needs/insights to strategy.
- Strong understanding of digital approaches to reach and impact patients.
- Strong understanding of developing / executing patient outreach programs and event marketing to build patient relationships.
- Proven track record in exceeding ROI norms for pharmaceutical consumer marketing programs.
- Experience in brand messaging and aligning a communication strategy and unbranded messaging
- Ability to apply Competitive Intelligence learning's into Marketing Plans, develop and execute tactics to address competitive threats
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and proven ability to advance and drive tactics in a matrix organization
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong leadership, interpersonal skills and excellent communication across functions, organizational levels and cultures to help deliver business results
- Strong understanding of current consumer FDA digital guidelines.
- Highly developed business acumen with the ability to use knowledge of the industry and marketplace to formulate strategies that identify long-term benefits for customers and evaluates decisions by taking into account the interests of the entire organization.
- Demonstrated ability to drive the achievement of business goals through aligning people, process, structure, information and communication systems
- Ability to ensure that talent pipelines are proactively managed to ensure Shire's leadership needs for the future
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines to align sales execution to product strategies
- Inspires and motivates others by helping the broader sales organization understand Shire's strategy and future
- Initiatives ways to improve performance by developing novel approaches
- Ability to influence
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Listens to and carefully considers other's perspectives, especially to manage and resolve conflict.
- Develops bold strategic plans and crafts pragmatic solutions to implement them. Moves easily between addressing current needs and planning for the future with informed insight. Considers marketplace and economic forces and trends and how it affects our business.
- Builds and fosters effective teams in a global matrix organization. Considers and addresses business and development needs both locally and globally.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of consumer marketing experience
- 5+ years of experience of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare marketing experience
- Strong digital marketing and social media management strongly preferred
- Direct or digital marketing agency experience preferred
- Thrombosis/Hematology experience is strongly preferred.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.