RSM is looking for a dynamic Senior Associate to join our Assurance team in our Richmond Office. You will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements as part of our national and local industry practices. Our Consumer Product clients include local, national and internationally recognized manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers with diverse organizational structures operating in a variety of sectors, including apparel & home furnishings, retail, food & beverage, health & beauty, recreation & fitness, household products, broadcasting, publishing, printing, to name just a few. Our Financial Services clients include broker-dealers and investment companies, including private equity funds, hedge funds, fund of funds, and BDCs. For decades, RSM’s assurance professionals have been helping consumer-focused and financial service-focused companies improve their performance through the most challenging business cycles.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating audits of complex financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Develop an understanding of the client's business and needs
- Understand and utilize RSM’s audit methodology
- Collaborate with the engagement manager/senior manager on engagement approach and execute on the plan using a risk-based approach
- Recognize industry-specific and general accounting and auditing risks and issues, Determine appropriate audit approach and procedures for to address such risks and issues
- Provide insightful feedback on financial statements and prepare other client deliverables such as board communications, deficiency letters, management letters, etc.
- Supervise associates on engagement teams and function as an in-charge, monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan and budget
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from client to audit team and vice versa is efficient
- Identify and communicate significant accounting and auditing matters to manager/senior manager and partner on engagement
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for team members
- Understand client and industry issues, and recognize opportunities for RSM to assist the client in increasing level and types of services
- Manage time appropriately across multiple projects
- Keep abreast of industry developments by reading trade publications and other relevant thought leadership
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 25-30% of the year, depending on your clients
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- 2 years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
- CPA Certification or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA certification, including required coursework
- Previous experience auditing consumer products and/or financial service companies
- Experience with acquisitions, including purchase accounting, goodwill, intangible assets, impairment issues, valuations and related assumptions, stock-based compensation and equity
- Experience with alternative investments and fair value measurements, investment company accounting, complex capital allocations, net capital requirements for broker-dealers, and experience with PCAOB engagements.
- Demonstrate experience and ability to act as in-charge on engagements
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.