What you’ll be doing...
The Contact Center Enterprise Architect represents the most senior level of Professional Services engineers. They demonstrate business acumen necessary to effectively engage at the executive level.
In this position the Principle PS will execute as an Enterprise Architect. You will collaborate with the clients’ department heads and technical stakeholders to ensure alignment and congruency between the clients’ infrastructure and proposed custom solutions in order to effect a seamless integration and implementation of technologies. The Enterprise Architect is a skilled and technical resource who will assist in maintaining the integrity of the customer’s infrastructure through a detailed knowledge of Verizon’s contact center solution components and how they interact, staying abreast of relevant changes in technology and maintaining focus on the strategic requirements by working with the business units in a continuous cycle of planning for growth and optimization.
- Creating and maintaining the integrity of an architecture document that outlines all of the Verizon contact center technology components, the interaction between them and any key interdependencies.
- Employing relationship building skills to effectively position with key client stakeholders as value-added resources and achieve trusted advisor status.
- Working with vendor partners, Verizon internal engineering teams, and Verizon technology consultants to identify, evaluate and recommend technology enhancements that improve the customer’s contact center environment.
- Leading complex projects that involve technologies from multi-towers and multi-practices, requiring the development of unique solution designs.
- Facilitating regular communication with key technology partners who provide solution components (i.e. Genesys) to ensure vendor software is current and can support any design recommendations or change requests (sizing, capacity and functionality).
- Solving client business problems through integration and implementation of unique solution designs.
- Providing technical direction to the Verizon CCS Services Delivery team, to ensure delivery of any new functionality meets customer requirements and technical functionality requirements.
- Supporting client-facing opportunities by leading on-site collaboration with client business, technical and operations leaders. Onsite presence an average of two days a week (based on mutually agreeable times and locations).
- Conducting quarterly technology roadmap sessions with the internal Verizon support team and the customer.
- Collaborating with the client to align business requirements in the SOW to the technical architecture proposed; discovers business issues, and probes to determine and define the potential impact of the business concern(s) or issue(s), and the potential impact of technologies to effectively address business issues.
- Reviewing all proposed technical designs for completeness to ensure all solutions components are accurately depicted and accounted for.
- Working with the Account team and the Data Engineering group to ensure that any network components are sized and scoped appropriately.
- Participating in project calls, as needed, to ensure all technical tasks are addressed and the correct technical teams are engaged.
- Responsibility of confirming that any test cases that have been collaborated on by the Delivery team is complete, sufficient and tests all of the functionality of the solution prior to being turned over to the customer for User Acceptance Testing.
- Identifying and documenting risk mitigation strategies for Customer.
- Evaluating and understanding all customer design requirements for any new Verizon contact center technology enhancements or modifications.
- Utilizing established Verizon and customer-provided procedural documents and vendor documentation to aid in the development and execution of custom solutions.
- Establishing and maintaining a high level of technical expertise in current technologies, and develops subject-matter-expertise in leading edge technologies required to effectively manage position responsibilities.
- From a functional perspective the Implementation and Integration Principal provides significant non-customer-facing contributions through activities including:
- Support to core Sales Account Managers by taking an active role in contributing to Account Planning process and conducting analysis and feasibility testing of potential sales opportunities
- Representing Verizon, VES and Professional Services during technology events and EBC presentations
- Application development
- Development of use cases
- Maintaining marketplace vigilance for competitive situations
- Contributing to ideation efforts within your area of technical expertise
- Providing consultative role on internal Verizon technologies
- The individual will maintain and demonstrate technical expertise within one or more of these areas of technology:
- Contact Center Services
- System and Software Development Lifecycle
- IVR / Speech Recognition
- Advanced Network
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years or relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- BS or higher with a STEM focus (Science, Tech, Eng, or Math) OR 10+ years of experience within contact center engineering and other data com fields.
- Master's degree in related field or equivalent experience in Business.
- Demonstrated expertise in correlating business drivers and needs (financial drivers, impacts, and restrictions) into technical solutions, on proposed solutions.
- Ability to master information quickly. Significant organization skills and ability to store and recall large volumes of semantic and factual information.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams effectively and successfully.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly effective relationship building skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Training and mentoring abilities.
- Team building skills.
- People management experience and skills. Detail-oriented and have the ability to thrive in challenging situations.
- 10+ years technical experience w/increasing responsibility (team lead, mentoring, and technical lead for multi-technology deployments
- Professional or lower level industry certifications within the contact center field.
- Experience with Verizon contact center products and services (e.g. OHSS, Network Manager, HICR, and Enhanced Reporting).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.