Summer Internship Program
Lowe's 2018 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to undergraduate and graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE ® 50 company. The summer internship program begins with orientation in late May and concludes in early August. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push boundaries of what's possible.
Process Reengineering Internship
The Process Reengineering Intern will provide assistance to the Contact Center to ensure our front-line Associates have what they need in order to do their job in the most efficient manner while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
The Contact Center Operations Support Designer Intern will assist in assessing, identifying, analyzing, documenting, improving and delivering process improvements. Ensuring that process changes including policies, operational processes, and standard operating procedures are effectively developed and available for reference, documented and implemented across core operations and cross functional areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Support process improvement efforts that may involve stakeholders from multiple functional areas
* Facilitate process improvement sessions
* Apply knowledge of business process analysis and business process modeling to identify current state gaps and develop process improvement solutions
* Make recommendations for the development of policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures
* Assist with the implementation of process improvements by helping to define the tools and methods to measure and track process performance
* Track key measures such as measures of success (MOS), policies, processes, and standard operating procedures
* Contribute to business requirements, process design, communication, documentation, and implementation
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or Business
Management from an accredited four-year college or university
* Senior academic standing
* Proficient in MS Office Programs
* Strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills
* Analytical skills
* Data gathering and reporting
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* 3.0 or above GPA
* Relevant internship experience and/or other related work experience, such as a leadership role in student/campus organizations, volunteer, etc.
* Previous retail experience
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.