Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Manager, Contact Center Technology Support, the Contact Center Technology Support Engineer will be responsible for performing all Level 1 and Level 2 break/fix support and maintenance activities of enterprise-wide Contact Center systems and business applications supporting the CAC Contact Centers.
This position will answer and appropriately handle incoming customer support requests via the Cablevision Remedy ticket system, conforming to the SLAs that have been communicated to CCIS customers. This position will be required to provide support as part of an on-call rotation, covering Contact Center Technology for the Cablevision Customer Service, Sales, Billing and Collections, Field Operations, Product and Marketing Business Units. This position will diagnose and resolve common problems utilizing an existing knowledge-base. This position will utilize troubleshooting methods including: validation and recreation of reported issues, verification of physical cabling and Network hubs, verification of WAN and LAN Network issues, verification by pinging servers of proper operation of Physical servers, verification of application services (e.g. Tomcat, jboss, apache, etc.) and restarting of services as needed , collection of necessary logs and traces, running necessary SQL Queries for call tracing and reporting verification, validation that all databases, Application servers, Middleware servers, and Web Services are working correctly, logically following application flows to quickly troubleshoot issues, transmission (FTP) of the logs and traces to vendor FTP sites, validation of Virtual (VMWare) slice operations of servers (e.g. VMotion), and troubleshooting and determination of Root Cause with appropriate Vendor resources. This position may also perform installations or replacements of various hardware components, software repair, diagnostic testing, and the utilization of remote control tools used to take over the user's machine for the sole purpose of troubleshooting and finding a solution to the problem. This will require the person has a basic to general understanding of the product or services we support.
Additionally, this position will work with the CCIS Design and Development team during the design, development, and deployment phases of a project, in order to formally transition the support of the system when the deployment phase has been completed. Qualifications Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years' experience in supporting and maintaining large, highly visible customer facing contact center technology platforms
- 5+ years of experience with design, development, implementation and support of IT infrastructure components such as servers (WINTEL, Solaris, Open Source), databases (Oracle / SQL Server/ Postgress), storage, networking (Cisco) and desktop
- 3 + years of experience in Contact Center technology and application support team in a large / complex system environments
- Proven success in running highly available (at least 99.99% availability) contact center systems
- Experience supporting key contact center technologies and integration such as but not limited to: ACDs (Cisco, Genesys, Avaya), IVR design and development/maintenance, speech recognition, digital call recording, quality, predictive dialing and VoIP networking.
- Experience supporting key multi-channel contact center technologies and integration such as but not limited to: Email, Chat, SMS (Text), Social media, Inbound Voice, Outbound Voice and web.
- Ability to perform the day to day activities of a technical support team
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Ability to determine root cause and remediate difficult faults with systems and applications
- Ability to interface with all levels of business personnel and technical personnel
- Ability implement repeatable processes to improve quality of developed systems and ongoing support of those systems
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, and adjust priorities based on workload and direction from management or customer.
- Ability to organize, plan, execute, and supervise multiple major support issues and projects with minimal supervision.
- Proven analytical ability related to analysis of system availability / reliability /stability over time.
- Proven ability to focus on building customer relationships, and responding to customer needs.
- Understanding of business issues facing executives and line managers.
- Innovative application of technology to solve business problems/meet objectives
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle is desired. Specifically Quality Control, Testing and Documentation are important to success in the position.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.