**Requisition ID:** 27419BR
**Job Title:** Container Driver Non CDL
**Division:** 4784: AWS - Charlotte
**Location:** 37202: Concord-5105 Morehead Rd
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
A Container Delivery Driver – Non Commercial Driver’s License is responsible for safely operating a vehicle and providing prompt, courteous and complete container delivery and removal services for residential and/or commercial customers. In addition, the Container Delivery Driver Non-CDL is responsible for ensuring his/her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
• Performs complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
• Safely operates a truck along designated route, or within yard, and to delivery area; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Operates manual and automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load containers at the designated facility.
• Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely manner.
• Perform minor repairs to containers on site or in the container yard.
• Cleans areas around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
• Continuously monitors the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time.
• Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Report (“VCR”) and other reports, as necessary.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in the Company’s ReSOP program.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks.
• Minimum of 2 years of welding and/or fabrication experience.
• Valid driver’s license.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.