About Republic Services
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here.TM, our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue PlanetTM for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Compactor Technician, Container Shop performs repairs, maintenance and installation of compactors and other stationary equipment. The Compactor Technician, Container Shop typically performs works on hydraulics, basic electrical operations, and welding fabrication in order to maximize safe and productive operations.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
• Knowledge of basic and advanced hand tools.
• During employment, a Technician will complete Company training and safety programs.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Equipment maintenance and repair experience.
• Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
• Performs inspections, conduct diagnostic tests, preventative maintenance, and repairs on varied types of compactors, and other stationary equipment.
• Reads electrical schematics. Diagnoses and repairs electrical problems on equipment using both single and three phase AC voltage
including working with high-voltage electricity.
• Reads hydraulic schematics. Diagnose and repair hydraulic issues on equipment.
• Maintains knowledge of proper installation of compactors, and other types of stationary equipment. Perform or assist with installations as scheduled and meets relevant deadlines.
• Performs welding and fabrication work as needed.
• Ensures and maintains efficiencies so that all scheduled jobs can be handled in a given day.
• Completes paperwork and/or enters data associated with repairing relevant equipment in an accurate and timely manner.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.