**Requisition ID:** 27457BR
**Job Title:** Container Shop Welder
**Division:** 4401: AWS - Bella Vista
**Location:** 05201: Bella Vista-36 Bella Vista Wa
**City:** Bella Vista
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
The Container Welder performs repairs and maintenance to roll-off containers. Paints repaired and/or new containers.
• Performs repairs and maintenance on front and rear load, and roll-off containers.
• Welds steel and aluminum components using Mig and arc welding equipment.
• Bends steel components using a break and shear.
• Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
• Fabricates steel components on containers.
• Installs lids and wheels on containers.
• Paints repaired and/or new containers.
• Performs on-site repairs at customer locations.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Completes required paperwork.
• Installs Company and safety decals on containers and roll-off containers.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Minimum of 1 year welding experience.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Attention to Detail – Notices the small things that others often overlook. Makes sure that every aspect of the overall task is done correctly.
• Communication – Provides supervisors and co-workers with the information they need to maintain the equipment. Conveys information in a timely and accurate manner in written reports.
• Customer Service – Within reason, does what it takes to meet expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
• Dependability – Is someone supervisors and coworkers can count on. Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
• Ethics – Adheres to the policies and rules set forth by Republic Services. Does not bend the rules or cut corners. Is trustworthy and honest.
• Learning Ability – Acquires knowledge and skill in mechanical, welding, cutting and fabrication concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
• Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Service’s safety rules and procedures. Recognizes hazards and anticipates danger. Does not take inappropriate risks.
• Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems in equipment. Determines root causes of mechanical and other operating failures and chooses the best repair option.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.