Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Position Description This position can be done from one of the following locations - Lake Forest, IL, Chicago, IL & Janesville, WI.
- Responsible for the maintenance and quality of existing product information to ensure complete and accurate information in one central repository (STEP). To support business initiatives related to changing product information while maintaining the data integrity and hierarchy structure.
- Perform content activities such as data analysis, editing, applying updates resulting from normalization, technical content support and other functions related to content issues along with ensuring the consistency of product information.
- Execute and comply with data integrity rules.
- Participate in improvement opportunities and provide constructive feedback.
- Clean and maintain the data based on business priorities and using defined processes.
- Participate in PI team projects that support business priorities.
- Work with peers and various Business partners supporting business initiatives.
- Address data content, consistency and Hierarchy issues and analyze the best way to implement within the Hierarchy Structure.
- Execute additions, changes and deletes to the Category/Hierarchy Structure Support PLE and BU Add activities as necessary a uditing product information for accuracy and consistency
- Manage assigned projects to completion.
- Respond and take action for Click & Find Feedbacks
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Experience with MRO product data preferred
- Possesses good working knowledge of business strategies across Supply Chain including product information and marketing strategies
- Proven ability to work across a variety of business functions throughout the department.
- Understands product information strategies and marketing strategies.
- Build and maintain relationships in a matrixed corporate environment as well as with Grainger Suppliers.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal and build relationships with various levels of the organization and Grainger Suppliers.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment (Relationship Building)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to communicate messages within the organization and Grainger Suppliers.
- Able to understand technical information, concepts and decisions
- Able to work well with others within team and across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply proprietary analytical tools
- Proven experience in managing and analysis of product information data.
- Skilled at analyzing data and sorting relevant information
- Good analytical skills
- Good Problem Solving Skills (Ability to bring groups together)
- Strong teamwork skills
- Some MRO product knowledge is preferred
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.