CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Enterprise Marketing Communications group. We are looking for a prolific and talented Content Creator to write and produce various projects and blog regularly, to expand our company’s footprint, increase awareness, and drive leads. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing and a comprehensive understanding of the agriculture industry. The creator will be expected to maintain the company's voice across our various channels, and easily create content in multiple genres that align with our various audiences. This role will be instrumental in promoting the CHS brand, programs, products, experts, and services across digital, social and print channels.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Elevate our engagement with our key stakeholder audiences by providing them regular, helpful content that’s in-tune with their needs, across our multiple channels, including print (examples include magazine articles, blogs, social posts, e-books, whitepapers, infographics, guides, etc.).
- Support creation of content and production of our quarterly magazine and repurpose its content across multiple channels
- Blog on an ongoing basis to attract site visitors through search, social, and our email subscribers.
- Create and edit search-engine friendly content for websites, social media networks, advertising campaigns, blogs, and audio/video scripts.
- Write in appropriate tone for a variety of audience segments; create relevant and timely content for internal and external distribution
- Create and edit video, audio content features to support broader content initiatives and projects
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. Produce clean, concise, well-polished copy
- Assist with editing and, at times, creation of marketing collateral and member communications
- Edit and proofread materials for accuracy, consistency, clarity, style, format and grammar
- Maintain freshness in materials by periodically reviewing work and monitoring efficacy of copy
- Edit video and audio content for distribution in digital and social channels
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Collaborate with designers, product marketing, sales, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Liaison with sources for content creation, both internally and externally
- Perform other related duties as assigned to support department and organization
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Multimedia, or related field
- 5 plus years of marketing and content creation experience to include:
- Experience creating, editing video and audio content.
- Experience with maintaining B2B and/or B2C social channels or online brand communities
- Experience managing project timelines
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30%
- Experience with analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), content management systems, content optimization systems and campaign management.
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop and / or other design software, and familiarity with web content management systems
- Experience with magazine production
- Infographic creation experience, a plus
- Agriculture, Energy industry experience or cooperative knowledge preferred
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.