Are you a great writer who is passionate about helping people get the most out of technology? Do you have experience with customer-focused, end-to-end content design? Are you intrigued by cloud computing and its potential to transform businesses?
If so, come join our small but impactful team of writers and content designers responsible for creating engaging, informative, web and mobile content experiences for Dynamics 365 enterprise apps.
On a typical day, you’ll design content experiences for:
• High-traffic, public-facing websites and blogs
• Video scripts
• Product UI text and mockups
The ideal candidate is a multi-faceted writer who delivers maximum meaning with minimum words. You’re comfortable writing web articles, UI text, video scripts, blogs, and more for an enterprise-level business audience. You have a knack for explaining technical subjects in plain, conversational language, and you can weave text into a compelling, coherent story. Digging into technology motivates and inspires you.
Bonus points if you have a good understanding of UX and how content and interaction design support each other. The ability to create visuals or infographics that illustrate your key points is also a big plus.
In your career at Microsoft, you’ll have the opportunity to join a talented and committed team in pursuit of ambitious goals. With over 1B product users daily, we employ over 100,000 people across 100+ countries and we work with customers and partners across all industries. You’ll have the freedom and guidance you need to contribute the talent, perspective, and ideas that are uniquely yours.
Please provide 1 or 2 high-quality writing samples of relevant work. Show us something you're most proud of.
• Write informative and engaging content in a wide variety of formats and form factors for business decision makers, business users, and system admins/customizers
• Plan, deliver and own content sets for assigned features across releases
• Collaborate effectively with content team members, key partners, and other functional groups (program management, development, marketing, design, usability, support, etc.)
• Use data to track the success of content experiences and to inform change
• 3+ years of experience writing for high-traffic websites focused on an enterprise/business audience
• 3+ years demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks while prioritizing competing deadlines,
• BA/BS in technical communications, English, user-centered design, or related discipline, or 3 years of equivalent work experience
• Must be able to provide recent examples of work
• Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other business role
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.