CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Enterprise Marketing Communications Group. We currently seek a Content Marketing Manager to refine and advance our content strategy and mission to increase engagement among our key stakeholders and drive business unit goals. This person will plan, produce, and analyze the content we create across the enterprise. Additionally, the content marketing manager will be responsible for editorial planning and execution, writing, editing, production, distribution and budget management for our quarterly magazine. This role will build our content calendar and guidelines, as well as maintain relationships with sources for content both internally and externally. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. The content marketing manager will ensure reusability of content to maximize resources and audience reach. You will be responsible for:
- Manage an evolving content strategy that supports the business objectives retention opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Marketing Communications team members for a customer-first approach that drives brand consideration, acquisition and retention.
- Identify opportunities and innovative new ways to leverage existing content through established and emerging channels spanning print, public relations, social media, sales channels, and events
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice per audiences and channels.
- Optimize content (including written, video, audio, other) across all channels, including our magazine, websites, newsletters, print, blogs, and our social media channels.
- Develop standards, processes and best practices (both team member and technological) for content creation, distribution, content repurposing.
- Establish a work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Maintenance of a functional content calendar and media schedule across multiple channels and audiences.
- Work with magazine partners on design, layout, print production, content creation, editing, list management and budget
- Manage and train our content teams, including direct and indirect content creators, enabling them to produce content more efficiently that is on-brand, on-target from the audience perspective, and appropriate for the channel.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts and channel leaders to leverage content across the enterprise by tailoring to the audiences and channels
- Work cross-functionally to ensure best practice across the content creators, marketing account managers, acquisition and retention senior leadership marketing tactics and campaigns.
- Develop and manage success metrics and reporting to gauge content effectiveness and determine return-on-investment, and create shareable reports showing performance
- When necessary, work cross-functionally with legal team to ensure all content is compliant with latest guidelines and advice given.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Be the primary point of contact for magazine production and budget to ensure it meets goals and deadlines within budget
- Maintain relationships with outside contributors, designers, printers and other staff necessary to execute tactics
- Maintain connection with industry and functional trends, adapting strategy as necessary
- Maintain budgets and accurate expense management, ensuring activities are aligned with agreed budget parameters.
- Manage schedule while traveling up to 50 percent of the time, when content-gathering necessitates
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 10 plus years of progressive experience in communications, marketing to include:
- Experience of delivering multi-channel campaigns and controlling budgets
- Experience managing an editorial calendar for a media publication or marketing team
- Experience with magazine production and management
- Experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Experience building audiences either online or offline and measuring content-effectiveness.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience with content optimization systems (COS) to blog and produce smart call to actions (CTAs) according to visitor lifecycle stage
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Experience with content metrics and analytics to drive decision-making, including A/B testing and personalization, and search engine optimization (SEO) content techniques
- Agricultural industry and cooperative market knowledge
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.