The Data Science Marketing team in the IBM Analytics BU is looking for content marketer par excellence to join the team. IBM's fast growing data science portfolio of products are oriented towards data scientists and data engineers. What we offer is a fast paced environment in a high growth area within IBM Analytics. Read on if you have a solid track record of creating & publishing amazing content. The ideal candidate thinks like a content publisher, and focuses on using content as a vehicle to drive awareness and leads.
You will need to own the editorial calendar and work with a team of technical experts (over time, you will need to build your own internal rolodex) and agencies to create solid content. Content created will include (but not limited to) white papers, eBooks, blog posts, product collateral, video, infographics, surveys, field sales tools etc. You are expected to be highly adept at using different social media platforms and know how to leverage them to drive maximum traffic to the content posted on the content hub. You will work very closely with your product marketing counterpart(s) to identify content gaps and how to fill them, and work with the demand gen team to identify the right mix of publishing vendors.
If you like to experiment, but always let data drive your decisions, this gig is perfect for you! Design skills are nice to have, but not required. To be successful, you will need to informally lead and work collaboratively with product management, technical experts, demand gen and other marketing functions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Own the content pipeline across data science campaigns
• Understand user/buyer preferences related to content consumption
• Collaborate with technical experts and other content producers to create high quality content
• Analyze success of content published
• Don't forget the team goal to deliver pipeline and marketing influenced revenue!
• Collaborate with others to own the team's social media presence across different channels
• Own relationship with marketing agencies that you work with
• Basic understanding of the competitive landscape
• Work with other teams on major events from a content standpoint
You should be able to
• Demonstrate solid writing and presentation skills
• Lead by influence a large group of people from different parts of the business, including other BUs
• Ability to drive process and enact change in a complex global organization
** This role is based in San Francisco; so if you are not already in the area, you need to be willing to move there. Relocation will be offered **
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.