Discover what you can do at IBM.
Startups are exciting. That's why we've never stopped. For over a century IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators. We power the most important industries on the planet--from the biggest banks to telecom to scientific research. Our IT infrastructure portfolio features the legendary Z mainframe, new AI-enabling servers and Gartner-ranked best in class Flash and Software Defined Storage. You may not know it but there's hardly a part of your daily life that isn't touched by an IBM Systems client.
You're a product marketing veteran with a strategic mind ready to form and roll out high-impact strategic initiatives. So, let's talk about what you'll do. At IBM Systems, you'll invent things. A new way to tell a story. A smarter strategy. Better ways of working. You'll be part of a top-performing team who has fun, learns from failures and innovates every day. (You don't get to be 105 years old any other way.)
The IBM Systems team has first dibs on just about every cool pilot in the company. We're design thinkers who get to spend time honing new skills. We've changed the way IBM does marketing. Oh yeah, and we make mainframes - the Big Iron beneath the hood of just about everything big anyone's ever done with data - and all the data storage and software that it takes to build the next-gen IT infrastructure that can think, learn, predict, and compete in the cognitive era. For most, the future is coming. At IBM Systems, we're already delivering it.
If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand - yes, the one that invented the typewriter, the personal computer, the mainframe, and put a man on the moon - then come create with us and help amplify our voice.
IBM Systems leads in transformation. What we do for our clients, we're doing for ourselves all the time: reinventing, learning what it takes to stay ahead of technological shifts and building what comes next. We're good at change because we've never been afraid of it. If you're the same, join us in our next big reveal.
About Content Marketing at IBM
People are bombarded and disrupted by over 14,000 messages a day. The world doesn't need more content; it needs better content. Hence, the "IBM Originals" approach to content was created to be the storytelling arm of IBM. We create stories and content experiences that matter to our audiences, move them to act, and cut through the noise in the market.
We believe that content is the best way to build relationships at scale and that stories must be creatively told, uniquely delivered, and useful to our audience. Do you have what it takes? Want to be part of a company where science and creativity collide to make the new big bang in content?
About Your Role
You'll support content success across business units, roles and regions, facilitating content alignment and efficiency through a centralized, consolidated and coordinated methodology for content lifecycle management.
You'll bring an audience-first approach to planning and overseeing the content strategy, requirements, and deliverables that support the buyer's journey throughout the life of a project. You are committed to flawless execution and have a passion for creating outcome-driven content experiences.
You'll report to our IBM Systems' Editor-in-Chief and your responsibilities include:
- Content Strategy: Lead the development of content strategy for campaigns and content experiences including the creation of targeted and differentiated buyer-centric narratives, content journeys (including calls-to-action), and the corresponding deliverable plans that bring those narratives to life. Work with our cross-functional "diamond" team to gather audience and competitive insights, prior content and campaign performance data and insights, as well as best practice information to inform content and campaigns including but not limited to:
- Audience Demand: Get to know the business needs and aspirations, content consumption preferences and behavior, channel preferences and behaviors for our audiences via different sources.
- Brand and Solution Stories: Determine what narratives and stories the company can authentically tell that will engage the buyer and help lead them to the appropriate IBM solution.
- Competitive: Monitor the competitive landscape and all best-in-class publishers to find growth opportunities and inform our content best practices.
- Content Models: Determine which creation models are most appropriate given the idea, expertise, talent and resources (agency vs. internal services teams).
- Original Content: Create content ideas and assets that include copy, treatments, emails, and other written executions.
- Commission Content: Contribute to the ideation process with stakeholder content teams to turn data/insights into new content types and experiences. Conduct story research utilizing internal and external sources. Search sources (e.g. our internal content libraries) for content to potentially curate and re-use.
- Content Negotiation: Work with the Paid Media Team to help negotiate distribution and amplification across paid, owned & earned channels to ensure great content finds its audience. Ensure that partners are being consistently monitored and measured and that performance data and insights are fed back to the broader stakeholder content teams and WW Digital Marketing Director.
- Workflow Management:
- Performance: Monitor content performance and ensure that all content meets SEO guidelines, has keyword focus, cross-links, and clear calls to action. Collaborate with Digital and Campaign Strategists to ensure concept, A/B, and multivariate testing occurs and is aligned to the role/goal of the content strategy. Monitor the story Dashboard on a weekly basis and make recommendations to the team for optimizations, killing and extending content based on performance.
- Production: Own the content/creative briefs and co-development of the consideration set for content partners (internal and external) as part of the RFP and SOW process. Manage content production in Kapost to hit project milestones, stay within budget and meet on-time delivery dates.
- Content Research Testing Center of Excellence: Lead and oversee creative and audience research testing with our Systems market research/buyer community. Turn data/insights from prospect and client research testing into stronger creative and new ideas for the broader BU content teams.
- Content Distribution: Work with social media, internal communications, digital etc. to ensure campaigns are promoted and shared across all appropriate channels.
Content Marketing Managers are located in IBM offices in Austin, TX or Raleigh, NC.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Do work that matters.
Discover your true potential.
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.