The Content Operations Manager supports the Content Strategy & Operations team, which includes content strategy, publishing services and media relations.
- Manage quality reviews and reporting process
- Manage ongoing content audit process
- Develop and maintain accurate content tagging
- Manage message map process
- Centralized content management process resource
- Manage permissions database (e.g., future content libraries, permission, NDAs, etc.)
- Project management for all publishing and content projects, including managing content team and writer deadlines for website redesign and other projects.
- Project scheduling and traffic management for content team.
- Assigning content resources to projects, monitor database to support planning and forward-thinking work cycles.
- Billing and budget management; process invoices / bills and develop regular reporting
- Manage transcription services and billing
- Schedule and provide agendas and notes for meetings, when appropriate
- Provide administration and upkeep for bio spreadsheet, message map spreadsheet and other current and future recordkeeping documentation
- Source new writers and provide/arrange for training
- Assign writers to marketing projects
- Maintain writer list and associated strengths/capabilities/availability
- Communication point person with writers
- Provide oversight and assist in management of proofing queue
- Research and fact checking if requested
- Review and provide feedback/insight/guidance on top matter elements (subjects, ecomm summaries, tweets, keywords)
- Provide training or identify opportunities for training for more marketing-oriented content development
Skill sets required include:
- Understanding of content marketing and content operations best practices
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strong knowledge of English composition, including grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, and source citations
- Experience using a style guide, preferably Associated Press
- Understanding of accounting, technology and consulting issues and vocabulary
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with all types of people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to focus on accuracy of details as well the larger picture
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Proven problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills
- Working knowledge of technology tools, including marketing automation, content management, DAM and SAM a plus
- Knowledge of social media, SEO, or digital publishing strongly preferred
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- 4+ years of in a position of supporting content marketing teams
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or liberal arts
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
EOE Company Overview
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.