Title: Content Strategist
Terms : 18 Month Contract
Target compensation $60-70/HR
Location : San Francisco, CA
Target Start Date : ASAP
Company Size : 5-10 person team supporting over 1000+ users
Industry : IT
Notes : Working remotely / telecommuting not an option,
At this companies Digital Customer Experience (CX), we create simple, friendly digital experiences by being obsessed with what's most important to our 20 million customers and incorporating their voices into every decision we make.
This company has always been on the forefront of digital innovation. They were one of the first banks to go online, and we've never stopped innovating.
Content strategy is nothing new for us. Since 2003, content strategy has been baked into our user-centered process from concept to launch. Our Content Strategists are equal partners with Designers for all of our engagements, and they often lead engagements.
Why you'll thrive here
You share our passion for customer experience and problem-solving. You play well with others but you aren't afraid to stand up for what you think is right. You're diplomatic and flexible, and you've got what it takes to influence others. You see the big picture, but you also find satisfaction in making every detail right.
You know the difference between content strategy and writing, and you do both well. You love words, but you understand that content is much more than just copy. You consider the whole experience.
* Have an understanding of the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, content audits, content strategies, and user testing
* Understand what's technically possible, and how business rules work with customer experience
* Are organized and able to work on several projects at once
What you'll be responsible for
* Collaborating with CX Designers, Content Strategists, Producers, and Researchers on multi-device experiences for online and mobile banking, financial education, product information, tools, and applications
* Creating content strategies that meet customer needs and business goals
* Writing and editing copy - you make every word count
* Often acting as project lead, coordinating multi-disciplinary CX project teams, writing creative briefs, estimating scope and sizing, and handling escalations
* Working on large projects as well as ongoing maintenance, both independently and as part of a team
* Working with project teams to understand business goals and identify customer needs
* Partnering with product managers, project managers, developers, business analysts, legal/compliance, and more
* Performing light interaction design and information architecture
We'd like to see your work, so we may ask qualified applicants to electronically submit writing samples as well as interim deliverables including but not limited to: design briefs, content inventories, and strategy recommendations.
* 3-5 years of content strategy and writing experience, with at least 1-2 years as an online content strategist and writer for large, public-facing websites
* Experience developing and implementing content strategies for large sites or large sections of sites
* Experience leading multi-disciplinary project teams
* Deep familiarity with user-centered design principles
* Experience developing and owning digital editorial standards and guidelines
* Experience managing vendors and contractors
* Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
* Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict
* Excellent organization and attention to detail
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and comfort with PowerPoint
* Familiarity with content management systems
* Some experience with information architecture
Experience in the financial industry
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.