***This is a contingent position***
Proofreading high-profile, high-priority, confidential information in an extremely fast-paced environment (meeting tight deadlines without sacrificing quality). Ensure the proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and style of a variety of financial services documents. Requires incredible attention to detail, ability to use standard proofreading marks, and excellent knowledge of grammar and AP style.
- The ability to effectively balance the usage of AP style vs. house and project-specific style sheets/guides (as warranted)
- Proofread/QC work
- Regular communications/interactions with clients (in person, phone, e-mail) and teammates
- Scan/e-mail documents
- Archive tasks
- Proofread pitch books, screen shows, Flash animation, websites, advertising materials, brochures, posters, menus, etc.
- Double-check that authors have provided all required materials/files
- Resolve queries directly with project manager and/or client (e.g. style/text/usage inconsistencies)
- Correct misspellings and grammatical errors
- Create and/or contribute to project-specific style sheets (as warranted)
- Participate in Proofreading team meetings
- Ability to use proprietary time management software to log time spent.