Continuous Improvement Engineer I What you will do Using Six Sigma methodology, runs projects to deliver project cost, quality, and time objectives established by their Champion and Manager. How you will do it
- Lead teams in Breakthrough/Best-In-Class performance improvement on smaller scoped projects, usually within the area of the Black Belt's expertise.
- Act on Statements of Work once the projects are "Identified and Recognized" by the leader.
- Impact Operational Cost and lead projects that meet the minimum economic value required.
- Participate in project progress reviews with Master Black Belts, Champions, and other appropriate leadership levels on at least a monthly basis.
- Effectively work with team membership and secure team member participation.
- Identify barriers to project success and solicit help from champions as needed.
- Train project team members in basic Six Sigma.
- Mentor and coach project team members.
- Track project performance in CI database to assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals.
- Complete "Lessons Learned" document and share best practices with other Black Belts.
- Attend required basic training and acquire needed skills.
#external What we look for Required Qualifications - Education, Skills & Experience
Who we are
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field (Entry Level).
- 6 yrs experience in Six Sigma, or related discipline, preferred.
- Possess strong statistical knowledge and the ability to learn and apply statistics to process and product improvement projects.
- Strong understanding, or ability to learn, Lean Manufacturing/Lean Office concepts.
- Demonstrated high level performance in current or previous position. (High potential if current employee.)
- Highly effective communicatorL Written, verbal, and presentation
- Ability to become highly skilled in the areas of leadership, analysis, and PC applications.
- Plant manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Requires 10% travel for plant Black Belts
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.