Continuous Improvement Engineer (Black Belt 1)
Florence, South Carolina
Using Six Sigma methodology, runs projects to deliver project cost, quality, and time objectives established by their Champion and Manager.
• Lead teams in Breakthrough/Best-In-Class performance improvement on smaller scoped projects, usually within the area of the Black Belt's expertise.
• Act on Statements of Work once the projects are "Identified and Recognized" by the leader.
• Impact Operational Cost and lead projects that meet the minimum economic value required.
• Participate in project progress reviews with Master Black Belts, Champions, and other appropriate leadership levels on at least a monthly basis.
• Effectively work with team membership and secure team member participation.
• Identify barriers to project success and solicit help from champions as needed.
• Train project team members in basic Six Sigma.
• Mentor and coach project team members.
• Track project performance in CI database to assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals.
• Complete "Lessons Learned" document and share best practices with other Black Belts.
• Attend required basic training and acquire needed skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field (Entry Level).
• Experience in Six Sigma, or related discipline, preferred.
• Possess basic statistical knowledge and the ability to learn and apply statistics to process and product improvement projects.
• Basic understanding, or ability to learn, Lean Manufacturing/Lean Office concepts.
• Demonstrated high level performance in current or previous position. (High potential if current employee.)
• Ability to become a highly effective communicator: verbal, written, and presentation.
• Ability to become highly skilled in the areas of leadership, analysis, and PC applications.
• Plant manufacturing experience highly preferred.
• Requires 10-15% travel for plant Black Belts
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.