Continuous Improvement Engineer
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Black Belt 1)
Florence, South Carolina
Using Six Sigma methodology, runs projects to deliver project cost, quality, and time objectives established by their Champion and Manager.
• Lead teams in Breakthrough/Best-In-Class performance improvement on smaller scoped projects, usually within the area of the Black Belt's expertise.
• Act on Statements of Work once the projects are "Identified and Recognized" by the leader.
• Impact Operational Cost and lead projects that meet the minimum economic value required.
• Participate in project progress reviews with Master Black Belts, Champions, and other appropriate leadership levels on at least a monthly basis.
• Effectively work with team membership and secure team member participation.
• Identify barriers to project success and solicit help from champions as needed.
• Train project team members in basic Six Sigma.
• Mentor and coach project team members.
• Track project performance in CI database to assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals.
• Complete "Lessons Learned" document and share best practices with other Black Belts.
• Attend required basic training and acquire needed skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, or related field (Entry Level).
• Experience in Six Sigma, or related discipline, preferred.
• Possess basic statistical knowledge and the ability to learn and apply statistics to process and product improvement projects.
• Basic understanding, or ability to learn, Lean Manufacturing/Lean Office concepts.
• Demonstrated high level performance in current or previous position. (High potential if current employee.)
• Ability to become a highly effective communicator: verbal, written, and presentation.
• Ability to become highly skilled in the areas of leadership, analysis, and PC applications.
• Plant manufacturing experience highly preferred.
• Requires 10-15% travel for plant Black Belts