Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States OC Business Title
: Continuous Improvement LeadJob Title
: Continuous Improvement Lead- Supply Chain PMO Job Code(s)
: Revision Date
: 1/22/2017 PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Continuous Improvement Lead reports to the Continuous Improvement Leader- Supply Chain PMO. The CI leader is accountable for driving the systems, processes and talent capability required to meet CI goals. The SCM CI Leader provides broad leadership in Supply Chain and demonstrates OC's values and a commitment to high performance.
This is an active participant in implementing the SCM Strategy and Execution of Continuous Improvement culture. The position champions the use of CI tools to drive productivity efforts to meet financial goals, quality efforts, and the needs of our customer. This individual is responsible for the ideation and execution of aligned initiatives within the SCM portfolio. The Continuous Improvement lead is the mentor and change agent towards a CI culture within all levels of the organization and also holds responsibility for improving the planning process.Reports to
: Continuous Improvement Leader- Supply Chain PMOSpan of Control
: Individual ContributorJOB RESPONSIBILITIES Develop Global Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Portfolio
Execution of Key Initiatives
- Evaluate Ideas and determine a prioritized executable portfolio
- Develop, Deploy, and continuously refresh the 1-3 year Continuous Improvement roadmap to maximize OC's global supply chain capability
- Understand the business to develop continuous improvement opportunities
- Metrics Include:
- CI Scorecard
- Rolling Portfolio
- Resource Scorecard
- Implement a Continuous Improvement capability and culture in SCM that is used globally to drive business results
- Optimizes efficiency through standard work implementation on foundational key activities
- Lead and ensure that a high quality robust pipeline of initiatives and execution process (CI Stage Gate) is established and ongoing to meet productivity targets
Lead Operations with Continuous Improvement
- Metrics include:
- Productivity Targets/EBIT
- Working Capital
- Cycle Time Reduction
- Automation and Increasing Capacity
- Service Improvement
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Positions talent for maximum impact on result and growth/development
- Drives skill development, use of tools and methodologies, and culture change through the organization
- Contributes to the achievement of the annual operating plan
- Trains and champions utilization of CI tools, processes, systems, and culture through training, influence, and development of capability across Supply Chain
- Metrics Include:
- Availability of Standard Tools
- Utilization of CI Methodology
- Impact to Cycle Time
- Results and Budget AdherenceProject Leadership
- Manages the transition to ensure the adoption of the change, that the project benefits are achieved, and that project outcomes are sustainable
- Confirms business leadership support and engagement regarding change management requirements
- Drives for clearly articulated business benefits that are tracked for completion on a routine basis
- Supports efforts and opportunities for waste elimination and simplification
- Fully understands the business case and benefits to the organization to serve as a champion for the business for project outcome
- Adheres to accepted Project Management standards and processes and actively leads all reviews and stage gate deliverables
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or similarly applicable
- Minimum five years of experience Supply Chain focused transformational business solutions
- 7-10 years of experience in process engineering and project management
- Lean/ Six Sigma Green Belt or comparable preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Initiates action- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to handle issues in a timely manner with follow-up to customers, suppliers and the plant as necessary.
- Project Leadership - Proven track record of influencing leaders and leading large scale programs involving global processes, teams and third party resources. Shapes solutions by helping partners articulate what is needed to delivery required outcomes.
- Communication - clearly conveys relevant information and ideas with confidence and in a manner that inspires the audience. Adjusts approach to capture audience attention and ensures there is an understanding of the message. Ability to structure executive communications. Seeks to understand others through active listening.
- Consultative Skills - Ability to collaborate effectively with business partners, propose solutions and achieve business benefits.
- Coaching and motivation - Ability to inspire the organization to delivery strategic objectives.
- Analytics and Decision Making - Skilled in trade off analysis, problem solving, recognizing issues, problems, or opportunities. Chooses appropriate action by formulating clear decision criteria and evaluates options by considering implications and consequences.
About Owens Corning
- Change Management- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective communications and working relationships across diverse functional areas.
- Business acumen, ability to process large volumes of detailed data in order to make decisions which impact EBIT
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.