Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Continuous Improvement Leader in the Jackson, MI location.
Continuous Improvement Leader will be responsible for leading for the design and continuous improvement of the manufacturing model deployed across multiple value streams. The CI Leader will provide input and execute the EAG Continuous Improvement strategy. The CI Lead will be expected to stimulate management thinking by challenging conventional wisdom through the demonstration and application of Lean Six Sigma methodology. The CI Leader will provide guidance and knowledge for site management to lead and influence change in the organization.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Serves as a member of the site leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities.
- Conducts Eaton Lean System (ELS) assessments, and identify performance gaps. Works through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- Provides Lean and Six Sigma support across the organization to drive short-term and long term business improvements.
- Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- Works through site leadership to Lead the site continuous improvement team, and corporate Lean initiatives and reporting.
- Leads the continuous improvement (Lean and Six Sigma) team. Assists in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- Manages Manufacturing Engineering functional interface to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, and that robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures are developed and maintained utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
- Leads in the development of methods and practices to reduce manufacturing variation, providing Manufacturing Engineering leadership and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services
- Ensures functional participation in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support requirements, design reviews, material testing, process capabilities to provide competitive advantages for the business.
- Analyzes organizational metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
- Develops and implements a Manufacturing Engineering organizational structure capable of supporting strategic business plans and initiatives
- Leads improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
- Ensures development, implementation, and audit of complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions
- Manage factory cost out activities
- Drive complete employee engagement and enhancement of problem solving knowledge at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Operations environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Multiple years of related professional and Supervisory/Managerial experience with proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, problem solving, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability – i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc).
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. metal cutting, tool design, welding, forming, etc.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.