This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com
The Arconic Business System (ABS) is an integrated set of continuous improvement systems and tools organized to provide a common language and unencumbered transfer of knowledge across businesses and geographies. It focuses on serving customer demand by emphasizing the elimination of all waste and making what the customer wants, when the customer wants it. This role will provide consulting support to the business for effective and efficient implementation of ABS to employees and managers. General tasks are change leadership related, i.e., (a) assessment and diagnosis of problem(s) from a process, quality, and cultural/people perspective, (b) designing and prioritizing the development plan and metrics for closing the gap of current and target business change, and (c) teaching and coaching during execution of plan to help create a self-sufficient and continuous improvement culture.
Specific functions this role will be:
- Aid in certification of Plant ABS Leaders, Plant Manager, Operations Managers, Manufacturing Managers, and selected staff in specific Whitehall, MI locations.
- Work with selected Whitehall, MI plants on ABS projects to increase productivity, capacity, and yield.
- Help the Whitehall Plant ABS Leads to coordinate the monthly reporting of Top 2 ABS project status and results as well as the monthly Stoplight reporting by plant.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or manufacturing technology from an accredited institution.
- 7 years experience involved with leading for results and/or continuous improvement activities in a specific manufacturing processes required.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- 3 years continuous improvement role preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead managers and employees to drive major change initiatives with diverse groups.
- Solid problem solving skills and the ability to train and lead others (A3/5Why/8D/Fishbone)
- Solid understanding of ABS and/or Toyota Production System and be able to teach/coach and mentor others.
- Good computer skills.
- Dynamic people skills, able to interact with audience at all levels within the organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills a must.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.