Job Description: CI Manager Job Description Primary Purpose:
Manage and direct the activities of the Plant Continuous Improvement (CI) Department. Primary Duties:
- Manage the plant CI Program
- Develop and direct projects to improve process efficiency, throughput, and reduce conversion cost.
- Provide timely project updates to the Plant Manager and Group Director of CI.
- Track performance versus budgeted cost savings goals.
- Six Sigma projects
- Kaizen, 5s, and improvement workshops
- CI Training and Certifications
- Value Stream Maps
- Manage 5 year capital plan
- Manage the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System initiative
- Work with Engineering Manager on Annual Capital Plan
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the CI Manager. Job Qualifications: Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (EE, IE, or ME preferred).
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience- preferably in engineering or continuous improvement capacity.
- Minimum 3 years of engineering or facilities management experience.
- Previous experience with Six Sigma/Lean (Black Belt certification preferred).
- Previous experience with environmental compliance and ISO 14001.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership, analysis, and PC skills
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.