We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward. Learn more and/or apply at www.kerry.com/careers .
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
If you are looking to work for a large organization with exciting career advancement opportunities and state of the art, highly technical food processing equipment, then Kerry may be the place for you!
The Continuous Improvement Specialist is an integral part of the Site Senior team located at our Union City, CA. facility to improve factory performance through the facilitation of the CI toolkit and Standardization applied to prioritized problems while developing other team members involved in the process.
- Building the Business: Collaborate with site teams to improve performance against identified site and global KPI's.
- Continuous Improvement: Utilization of the foundational toolkit to include A3 Practical Problem Solving/ Root Cause Analysis tool as a means to address the root cause of priority problems across the Site.
- Develop Standard Work application and confirmation to ensure that improvements are standardized and sustained as an example.
- Facilitation: Act as a facilitator for the education of all team members in the principles and tools of CI, to provide them the opportunity to continually improve the standards set forth in the Learning & Development LMS modules/ materials developed centrally.
- Standardization: Drive the standardization of all structures, work, training, procedures & records in line with the Kerry CI Program.
- Data Capture: Obtain key data relating to identified opportunities and relating this to the Site Excel Savings Plan. Know the source of all data generation on site and be able to tap into any data stream quickly. Ensure all data is accurate.
- Team Interaction: Work with all relevant teams directly on identifying opportunities within the business. Remove barriers to progress with the site senior management team.
- Project Management: Ensure all key projects are in place to deliver in optimal time and raise awareness if resources are limited.
- Process Knowledge: Develop in-depth knowledge of all processes onsite both floor and office based.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college required. Discipline in Operations or Engineering preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience within production and operations
- Demonstrated success in developing/implementing continuous improvement initiatives and accountability programs
- Proven ability to drive process improvements, adhere to budgets, and maintain regulatory compliance
- Proven ability to lead with the following key competencies: Critical Thinking, Continuous Cost Focus, Technical Expertise, Influence and Delivery of Sustainable Results
- Ability to pick up complex processes quickly
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing certifications preferred but not required
A little about us:
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.