At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Effectively integrates the contractual needs of ComEd/PECO#CD# through work identification, make versus buy, source selection and strategy, and contract/project administration. #CD# Manage services outsourced through the Construction &#CD# Maintenance Department and Support Services, including Gas and Electric Construction, Transmission and Substation Construction, Engineering, Real Estate &#CD# Facilities and Environmental Services. Manages these diversified categories by using a systematic approach to pre/post contract management, including but not limited to Performance Indicators, Business Plans, Accruals, etc. #CD# Utilizing a team approach, develops request for proposals, negotiate contracts, and manage the selected vendor through the life of the contract. The contract administrator will support the emergency response initiative.
Specific to ComEd Environmental Health &#CD# Safety (EH &#CD# S)
- Lead EH &#CD# S contract administration and management activities (such as performance tracking, process improvement, service issues, etc. ).
- Provide cross-media contract development, management, and administration expertise in areas of industrial hygiene, water, air, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, PCB management, USDOT, spill prevention, industrial services, recycling, and pollution prevention programs to EH &#CD# S professionals.
- Insure that the technical requirements of EH &#CD# S environmental business needs are met through supplier-based services contracts developed through needs analysis and interaction with the technical input of EH &#CD# S environmental management professionals.
- Develop the technical specification components of the contracts for review and action by Supply Chain Management, and insure EH &#CD# S management and field professionals are provided with performance-based environmental services contracts which implement compliance, pollution prevention and lifecycle management considerations and which ultimately reduce environmental liability and reduce cost.
upport department financial and business processes and budget tracking.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies. Participate in, and manage, sourcing teams dedicated to providing optimal quality at the lowest price. Develop Request for Proposals and review proposal submission. #CD# 10%
- Act as Lead Negotiator for all contracts and subsequent revisions. #CD# 10%
- Post-manage large dollar service contracts. #CD# Manage contractors to maximize productivity, safety, quality, diversity, and cost savings. #CD# Monitor supplier performance and evaluate supplier capabilities. #CD# Resolve commercial issues, including terms and conditions, insurance requirements, incentives and penalties, and other special conditions. #CD# 25%
- Perform monthly management deliverables, including Performance Indicators, contract budget variance analysis, savings analysis, and accruals. #CD# 20%
- Provide direction, control, and coordination of all business unit sourcing management. #CD# Focusing on value-added activities directed toward improving the quality of service provided, and integrating supplier efforts more closely into business unit operations. #CD# Provide consistent high levels of service to our clients. #CD# 25%
- Identify and work with other Business Units to leverage vendors when possible. #CD# 5%
- Lead or support various cost management initiative programs, which reduce total costs to company. #CD# #CD# 5%
Specific to ComEd Environmental Health &#CD# Safety
- Support EH &#CD# S business processes, budgeting process, and budget tracking#CD# 20%
- Respond to environmental services needs by developing the technical scope of work, contract appendices and bid support documentation for all ComEd EH &#CD# S environmental contracts to insure the technical services, field environmental and IH business needs of ComEd EH &#CD# S are addressed. #CD# Interact with SCM professionals to create final bid and contract documents with approved legal terms and conditions. Lead technical discussions during supplier pre-bid technical meetings. #CD# #CD# 15%
- Lead periodic, interactive technical discussions with ComEd EH &#CD# S environmental management and field professionals to ascertain emergent essential environmental services business needs including but not limited to: industrial hygiene, water, air, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, PCB management, USDOT, SPCC, industrial services, recycling, and pollution prevention, UST, SPCC, SARA and ecological. Environmental contract and technical subject matter expert for EHS tactical services. #CD# 15%
- Conduct periodic assessments of supplier performance to insure conformance with contract technical specifications and customer service expectations, including field audits. Establish supplier safety and environmental performance criteria during contract development and evaluate these during performance of work. #CD# Investigate service complaints and ensure contract terms are followed. #CD# 15%
- Establish a supplier pre-qualification process and insure safety and environmental performance criteria are met as part of pre-qualification to compete for work. #CD# Review historic safety and environmental performance as one criterion for supplier selection. #CD# #CD# 10%
- Establish environmental contract management strategies focused to leveraging services to reduce cost, improve competitive advantage or enhance insure regulatory compliance. #CD# #CD# 10%
- Document the technical needs and business drivers for environmental contract development and document the supplier selection process through interactive discussions and the input of ComEd EH &#CD# S environmental and management professionals. #CD# #CD# 10%
- Maintain contact with the environmental marketplace through research and site visits to Supplier facilities (as appropriate). #CD# Benchmark best practices and new technologies. #CD# 5%
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering AND 5-8 years experience administering large dollar contracts, preferably in a construction and maintenance environment, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 9-12 years experience administering large dollar contract is required.
- Familiar with all contract types
(i. e. FFP, CPFF, and T &#CD# M contracts), as well as proposal pricing.
- Sourcing experience and negotiation skills
(including sole sourcing and minority vendors).
- Project Management experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively, and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
Specific to ComEd Environmental Health &#CD# Safety
- BS Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Business, Engineering or Environmental Sciences, with 5– 8 years of working experience in the EH &#CD# S field or utility environment.
- Working knowledge of utility systems and extensive regulatory background in a variety of environmental media
(industrial hygiene, water, air, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, PCB management, USDOT, SPCC, industrial services, recycling, and pollution prevention, SPCC and EPCRA/SARA).
- Minimum 3 years of proven and demonstrated expertise in environmental contract development across environmental media.
- Strong people skills and ability to thrive in a team environment is essential, along with innovation, creativity, and initiative.
- Strong technical writing, oral communication, and negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge of waste/air/water regulations, and associated technical/policy issues.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering or#CD# Graduate degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
- CPM or CCM certification
- Experience with service type contracts
Masters Degree in Business Administration or environmental discipline
(including science or chemistry).
- Manage approximately $10 to $50 million dollars of contracted services spend annually, comprised of approximately 2 to 15 major vendors across several construction categories.
- Internal and external contacts include Senior management, managers, employees, interstate pipeline suppliers, gas producers and marketers, local distribution companies, major customers, state and federal regulatory agencies, consultants, AGA, FERC, etc.
- Actions could have significant impact on the cash flow and revenue stream of ComEd / PECO, as well as ComEd / PECO reliability and customer satisfaction goals.
Specific to ComEd Environmental Health & Safety
This position is critically linked into the performance of environmental field services work in the EH&S organization, and is a direct report to field/technical services management. � The Environmental Contract Administrator will research and document the business drivers and needs analysis for the development of environmental contracts. � The position will also develop the technical specification components of the environmental contracts and support the supplier pre-qualification and selection process. � Using principles of resource management, the position will develop forward-thinking, strategic and performance-based environmental contracts that create opportunities for leveraging and cost control, thus meeting the business needs of ComEd. � The Environmental Contract Administrator will provide market knowledge and technical expertise in areas of industrial hygiene, water, air, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, PCB management, USDOT, spill prevention, industrial services, recycling, and pollution prevention to provide critical support to operations professionals, and support the development of the ComEd environmental brand.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster