About Bristol-Myers Squibb:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Support enterprise-wide contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Ensure that contracts, supporting documents and contract metadata are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
- Perform appropriate research and analysis and obtain sufficient contextual details to support proposal and contract development.
- Conduct contract strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements and obtain Global Procurement input on priorities, timelines and deliverables.
- Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, needs and expectations.
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments.
- Align under Global Procurement’s role as overarching transaction lead, when negotiating non-business elements of the agreement.
- Serve as coordinative enterprise-wide contact during contract negotiations.
- Review and redlining of contracts of varying complexity using playbooks and defined negotiation bandwidths.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost targets.
- Develop and execute non-business term negotiation strategies to help optimize deal risks and benefits.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about contractual issues.
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Align with Law Department, Global Procurement, other contracting stakeholders during contract development, negotiation and execution.
- Responsible for collecting and incorporating input received from various internal departments.
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required. (In some cases, an advanced degree may be desirable.)
- 5-7 years prior work experience in a contract management role in a large company or contracts service provider.
- Experience with pharmaceutical industry and related contracts is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of key contract provisions
- Experience in applying organizational standards when negotiating terms and drafting contracts.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
- Strong character and ethics; attention to detail and ability to self-prioritize work on an ongoing basis.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to handle situational pressures.