Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. General Summary
The Contract Compliance Administrator (CCA) is an integral member of the Public Sector Solutions (PSS) team tasked with ensuring Waste Management complies with all aspects of our municipal contracts and State and County regulations. The CCA position works across functional areas within PSS and operations to assess the current state of compliance, as well as to make recommendations for improvements. CCAs interact with municipal staff to resolve issues and questions, while keeping other stakeholders fully informed of all situations.
This position takes on a variety of special projects as initiated or assigned. Essential Functions
V. Work Environment
- Audit municipal contracts and appropriate legal sources to verify compliance across a broad range of issues.
- Work in cross-functional teams to resolve noncompliance issues and address audit findings. Drive innovative solutions and legal compliance.
- Compile and synthesize data for monthly, quarterly and annual municipal reports for dissemination to various business partners and customers. Ensure data accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness.
- Calculate annual rate increases, update rate sheets and communicate changes to billing, customer service and operation departments as well as municipal partners.
- Provide oversight and general support for SalesForce.com usage in Public Sector.
- Interface and problem solve daily with customers and vendors with a focus on innovative and timely solutions.
- Work with Group and Corporate level resources on Public Sector reporting.
- Work well with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
- Is able to work with other team members on community outreach projects as requested.
Technical Knowledge & Personal Attributes (other)
- Unwavering commitment to compliance and customer service.
- Adept at creating and developing efficiencies to streamline business processes.
- Inquisitive, self-motivating, detail-oriented and innovative nature - must be comfortable asking questions, probing for details, and identifying problems and solutions. Must be a self-starter, desiring to meet and then exceed the baseline requirements for any given issue.
- Problem-solving expertise with an ability to participate in and lead cross-functional teams.
- Extensive use and substantial knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access). Ability to learn and become fluent in new systems that drive business practices. Desire to learn, create and manage new systems to support future audit needs.
- Must comply with all company polices and procedures, especially related to safety.
- Able to communicate effectively with broad range of people in various positions & situations (municipal, general public, colleagues, district personnel).
- Can confidently develop rapport and relationships with municipal staff, district staff and other PSS members.
- Able to work independently.
- Demonstrated self starter with a basic sense of urgency and commitment to superior work product.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.