Job Location: United States : New York : New York Alternate Job Location: United States : Bridgewater : New Jersey
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Retirement & Income Solutions, in MetLife’s US organization, delivers retirement and benefit funding solutions in specialized markets. The Retirement & Income Solutions is a leading provider of stable value products, structured settlements, annuities for employer plans, and life insurance funding products. This role will be responsible for developing and issuing contracts and other contractual agreements for the Retirement & Income Solutions organization (RIS) at MetLife.
- Develop contracts and other related forms and documents for MetLife’s Retirement & Income Solutions organization. The forms include group annuity contracts and group life policies, amendments, and other regulatory submissions such as separate accounts memorandums operation. Product structures for these forms can be complex and varied.
- Analyze contracts and review applicable laws and regulations to ensure contracts filed are in compliance.
- Develop contractual amendments, as required, for existing business
- Partner with internal business partners including actuarial, legal, sales, finance, marketing, and product colleagues to identify product specifications and contract requirements.
- Provide support to internal business partners including legal, sales, actuarial, and product teams regarding contract provisions, form filings, product use and availability, and applicable legal requirements.
- Research and respond to internal and external customer questions regarding contract features and compliance.
- Develop responses to insurance regulators on questions related to contractual filings.
- Support regulatory filings, using the SERFF electronic filing system, and recordkeeping requirements for the group.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience.
- Paralegal or similar legal experience
- 3 years of contract development, compliance, legal or relevant business experience.
- Competent level of contract knowledge and technical writing skills.
- Familiar with economic trends and insurance laws and regulations pertaining to policy filing procedures with compliant contracts.
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills preferred.
- SERFF experience a plus
- Knowledge of the requirements for the contract forms associated with group life and annuity business.
Americas : Compliance
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 31501
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.